Ranking
Original Post
[SOLVED] Trash Track pad=Terrible player.... Controller?
Okay So I have a laptop that was a "Hand-me-down" because my expensive Custom built beauty exploded. Major Hard drive failure Caused pieces of the SSD to rip around in the case...... So I have a Low end laptop now, Trashy Track pad, And Of course, No USB port that works. So No, USB mouse fix. Plus, I dislike mice, They hurt a Gunner's wrist.

But Anyways, Enough of that. What I want to know Is if I can use a Xbox 360 controller, Let's get past the "Well Can it connect" Question, Yes, Wirelessly connected. What I need is a script or "Mod" Not a game mode, But mod. That allows the controller to control the game.

Like, Left stick Control joint to joint movement, From Neck, Press down, To One pec, Right or left to other, Ect.. Right stick control Camera movement, Up and down control Well, Up and down, Same for left and right. A button or Trigger or Whatnot control Changing of joint, Maybe, A button Cycle through full list of Joints, Right trigger control Contract or extend or Vice versa. Left trigger control Relax and hold. B control Grip, Grab or Free hand.

I've never seen it down, But It would be really cool to have the way, To get around crap Track pads. Or for that matter, If you practice enough with a controller, With somewhat good control scheme, I'm sure the conrtoling of tori's could be much quicker. And Some what more simple..

And yes, I know this really isn't the place for this. But Where would it fit better?
Last edited by Rai; Sep 23, 2014 at 05:35 PM.
I really don't think there's a way to do this unless your control stick literally controls your mouse. which would probably be more problematic

there is however a script somewhere that allows you to control the tori with you keyboard (if someone who has that bookmarked or can search it would post it here that would be good). so you could try that and see how it works for you, i do have to say that as a person that plays with a track pad, you can still be good whilst using one.
teeth marks on my goosebumps, the chains frostbit me.
A good track pad is better than any mouse, In my opinion. The Track pad on this laptop requires' Alot of lets say, "Help", being a track pad... Not all Track pads are made the same, Not all mice are made the same. As in, A USB mouse may not be as good as a Top tier gaming mouse.