Toribash
Original Post
[IMG] Head opinion
Well, this is my first attempt at making a head for Toribash. I realize that it may just barely pass the requirements of a "head," =], but it is my first try. Id like some constructive criticism and any helpful hints to make it better.

Thanks in advance
And I deeply apologize if it is in the wrong spot
The Creature-- CeltWolf13
Tell me what it is and then I might be able to comment.

Also, if you didn't just copypasta that, its not bad. Fix the gap in the back.
Ahh, thank you very much! I'm not really sure what it's supposed to be, yet I intended for it to resemble some sort of electric circuit type pattern. I did not copy and paste either, and I'm working on the gap at the moment.

--
[a little off topic here but i love your TF2 avatar =]]
Not bad!
My first head is that orc head in my shop. Link in sig if u r interested

I suggest getting rid of the line in the back. Try mirroring it or blending into a solid color as it approaches there.

Dj
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Gimp is Pimp(tm)

DarkJak's Wide-Range Texture Shop[LINK]

Incognito - [o]
Originally Posted by DarkJak View Post
Not bad!
My first head is that orc head in my shop. Link in sig if u r interested

I suggest getting rid of the line in the back. Try mirroring it or blending into a solid color as it approaches there.

Dj

Hmm... I'm not quite sure what you mean by [both blending it and mirroring] that and how it would get rid of the line [which really bugs me].

If you could, an explanation would greatly help.

--CeltWolf13
Well, select one half with the box selection tool, then copy it, then flip image. then paste and VOILA!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Gimp is Pimp(tm)

DarkJak's Wide-Range Texture Shop[LINK]

Incognito - [o]
CeltWolf13, I can explain for DarkJak.

Mirroring - A simple and effective technique to doing heads.

You just copy half of your head, since you most likely are working with the required size, 128 x 128, that would be 64 x 64, being the selection needed.

So, select the Rectangular Selection Box, and start from the top left corner and drag in to the right, 64 pixels. Then, drag it down to the bottom.

You then hit the following commands, in order: CTRL + C (Copy), CTRL + V (Paste), CTRL + D (Deselect).

Then go to the top, in the Edit Menu find Transform, then I assume there would be an option for Flip Horizontal. Move it so that the top right corner of what was just pasted is in the top right corner of the canvas.

Blending - Basically like a gradient to the back of the head.

So, if you have a pig for a head. And you for some reason want the back lighter than the rest of the head. So, say the pink used for most of the pig was Pink1, and the lighter pink was Pink2. In order to blend it efficiently, you need to make some sort of gradient from Pink1 to Pink2.

I hope that help just a tad.
idle
Originally Posted by Daxx777 View Post
umm not to be mean bu all that is, is a filter in gimp :/

Actually, contrary to popular belief, i did not use the filter in gimp. It is however true that i based the idea of a filtered head test i had made, but this was done by hand.... taking a rather long time. Thank you all for the tips and explaining... i will get back to work

CW