Toribash
Original Post
Nosgoth - 4v4 asymmetrical PvP arena
Nosgoth is an asymmetrical PvP arena title set in the Legacy of Kain universe and developed by Psyonix Studios. In Nosgoth, players fight for control over the city as either Humans or Vampires. Humans are weak at close range, but posses deadly long range weaponry while the Vampires must use their agility to close in fast for close range kills. Choose from multiple classes on each side with customizable loadouts and abilities.

Abilities : Each character has one main ability that he can use every game, and two other abilities given to each character for free when you register. Later on, when you collect in-game money, you will be able to purchase other abilities for the characters of your choice. To avoid a pay-to-win vibe, each ability can be purchased for 300 gold (around 3-4 games will earn you that amount), but that ability will only be available for 7 days. You can do so as much as you want, there is no limit for how many 7 day purchases you can do.
Permanent ability purchases are around 1500 gold.
Only 2 abilities and the main ability can be used at once, but you can change your abilities upon death while waiting to respawn.

Characters : Currently, 8 characters are available (4 vampires and 4 humans), with 2 of each already unlocked upon registration. Every time you earn 5 levels (5-10-15-20) you will have a choice to unlock one of the rest, unlocking them all at level 20.

Perks : Perks are like bonuses in a game. Every day, one perk is free for both humans and vampires (increased reload speed, increased wall crawling speed, higher attack speed, higher damage, less recoil etc...). Perks are available for purchase with in-game gold as well.

Gameplay
Nosgoth is an asymmetrical online multiplayer third-person shooter. Nosgoth's gameplay focuses on melee Vampire characters against the ranged Human characters.Gameplay consists of two modes: Deathmatch in which The Vampires and Humans fight against each other to get a higher kill-count than the opposing team. If the killcount reaches a threshold, the team that reached it wins. Or time runs out, the team with the higher kills wins, and Flashpoint: offshoot of traditional Domination modes that tasks Humans with capturing a series of control points in the map. Two points are initially available, chosen at random, and when one point is captured, another appears. Humans have a limited amount of time to complete their mission, but each successful capture adds time to the clock, extending the match. Vampires win if they can prevent captures long enough for the match timer to run out. Both team types use a character class-based system, meaning there are different vampires and humans that have varying different roles. The gameplay is fast-paced and intense, as Vampires rely on surprise attacks. Both teams possess abilities, which can be activated having cooldown periods when used, or are passive/innately active. Vampires have the ability to fly and climb buildings, humans are grounded and do not get to experience this trait. The Humans rely on weaponry, and projectile-based ranged attacks, such as crossbows. They have ammunition that can be depleted, which can then be refilled at ammunition stations. Vampires being melee, will have very different ways to attack, such as pouncing on top of a human and clawing at them, making them unable to act as they are knocked down, or being grabbed by a flying-based Vampire and dropped into more Vampires.

Plot
After the execution of Raziel in Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver, Kain used the Chronoplast - a time-streaming device - to advance to his return, seemingly abandoning his empire. With the resulting power vacuum, the vampire clans of the empire fell against each other in a bloody civil war that nearly wiped out Raziel's clan. With the vampires occupied by their own internal struggles, humanity slowly became resurgent as escapees and free humans united to rebuild their shattered civilization. Reconstructing cities and defences, and building themselves into a legitimate fighting force, the humans came to occupy a swath of southern Nosgoth. Attacks on key vampire territories eventually alerted the vampires to the danger posed by their former slaves and prompted the co-operation of the vampire clans in the face of the new threat - and a new war began for control of land of Nosgoth.[10]
And yes, of course, you can pay to earn runestones, which are another in-game currency you need to pay for with real money, just like any other online game.
http://www.nosgoth.com/

Last edited by Ezeth; Jan 22, 2015 at 11:43 PM.
I expected it to be shit to be honest, I just downloaded it because it was free and I was bored, but it turned out to be really well balanced, really competitive and a lot of fun. And the physics are pretty good, the races are really different and good in their own way, and the developers really care about their game and community. And my K/D is amazing
ok i downloaded it

ill be on tomorrow

god bless

http://steamcommunity.com/id/thiggist/
11:44 PM - mokoshotar: do you think if i give you a list of bullies at my school you could butterfly jutsu them
Hey Ezeth, I already made a thread for this game back when it was in closed beta here. Been a while since I checked it out, so it might be outdated. If you want to continue your discussion there, I'll happily update it, unless you think you can make your first post more detailed/accurate. Choice is yours.
<&Erth> fagm <&Erth> duck <&Erth> *fuck
Fagm duck fuck everyone.

ah, didn't see that. I put some of your info in there to fill the gaps. Same classes and abilities still active.

EJM Moderated Message:
Got it. Closed the thread I made.
Last edited by EJM; Jan 23, 2015 at 02:32 PM.
I am an absolute monster with the Reaver. It's perfect, I absolutely love it. It's got a low profile which makes it easier to be sneaky. It's easy to jump in, kill someone and jump out. I went on a 12 kill streak game or 2 ago with it.

I haven't been on a side that has been crushed so far, most of my games consist of relatively poor performances on the human side for my team, but not too terrible, and complete domination on the vampire side.

I got the Sentinel for shits and giggles but it's really hard to play and doesn't feel effective.
Hoss.
It is a really fun game I have been playing since alpha and I also enjoy the reaver but the sentinel is by far my favorite.
Last edited by MOGhost; Jan 24, 2015 at 08:43 PM.
THE MEME I BESTOW TO YOU LEAVE ~ TRITON
I feel like the reaver is so hard to play if the human team stay together and you have bad teammates, because once you jump in if someone else shoots at you the attack gets canceled and you are fucked, smoke bombs or acid bombs will always be nice. tyrant is really good for pub stomp but when humans are good they can just jump away from your attacks and bind you with chains, flash you and all that shit.
I just started playing, played 2 games which both went decent, sadly I had a troll teammate that went 1-8, pretty sure he was too stupid to do the tutorial.
cage the gargoyle