Toribash
Original Post
[Tex] Robotic Head texture WIP
Havent mapped it out correctly yet. Used Gimp 2.
Pretty much inspired by Vitiek's stuff. Thoughts?

Robotic head Texture

Originally Posted by UstinJay10 View Post
Alright it's done now yall

Texture

Gif

Last edited by UstinJay10; Jan 29, 2015 at 11:10 AM.
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I'm looking forward to a finished product
♥Team Aikido♦OoT♣Team Lenshu♠
~Link is my personal Dj
Wow Ustin, never knew you were such a great artist. Nice and simple, pretty much exactly what I want for a new set (although I'm trying to make my own). Do you mind if I ask what kind of brushes you use? I have no clue what to do for mine.
Co-leader of Nitro | Replays
Ok, I was just wondering. It looks really nice. I won full pure in the Christmas lottery, but I have no set to match. I made a nice outline for the head a few weeks ago, but I have no clue how to shade white with grey to make it look like that. It's nice to have kind of a reference picture.

Since nobody actually critiqued it, I'll try my best.

Your smooth shading and attention to detail make this head have a pretty good 3d effect. I think the back of it would look better if that point was more rounded, but it still looks nice as a point. The sparing use of the perforated metal highlights was a nice addition, although I feel like the circle on the front creates too much of a focal point, and draws the eye away from the rest of the head. I'd change the circle into triangle or a V shape and see how it looks. I think it would make it look more 3d and less out of place. I noticed that at the bottom at the back of the head, there's a part that looks either erased, or that it's part of a new layer (it goes from grey to white really fast). You should consider blending this. I love how the eyes work. Thin slits, and the blue glow makes them pop well. Nice lines and highlights to make it look like separate pieces of metal. The tattoo on the face looks nice, but I noticed that there's no colour variation on it (it doesn't shade along with the metal, or if it does, I don't notice).

Overall, very, very nice
Co-leader of Nitro | Replays
Originally Posted by SkyWhale View Post
Ok, I was just wondering. It looks really nice. I won full pure in the Christmas lottery, but I have no set to match. I made a nice outline for the head a few weeks ago, but I have no clue how to shade white with grey to make it look like that. It's nice to have kind of a reference picture.

Since nobody actually critiqued it, I'll try my best.

Your smooth shading and attention to detail make this head have a pretty good 3d effect. I think the back of it would look better if that point was more rounded, but it still looks nice as a point. The sparing use of the perforated metal highlights was a nice addition, although I feel like the circle on the front creates too much of a focal point, and draws the eye away from the rest of the head. I'd change the circle into triangle or a V shape and see how it looks. I think it would make it look more 3d and less out of place. I noticed that at the bottom at the back of the head, there's a part that looks either erased, or that it's part of a new layer (it goes from grey to white really fast). You should consider blending this. I love how the eyes work. Thin slits, and the blue glow makes them pop well. Nice lines and highlights to make it look like separate pieces of metal. The tattoo on the face looks nice, but I noticed that there's no colour variation on it (it doesn't shade along with the metal, or if it does, I don't notice).

Overall, very, very nice

Thanks I'll def take all that into consideration, in fact I already have B) About that part in the back of the head, yeah that was a mistake I thought the neck was covering that part but I guess it wasn't anymore when I adjusted the placement.
ty for the crit
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)