Endurance Onslaught 6.0
Original Post
Ridiculous currency differences
I live in Australia, interested in purchasing various boosters or items and what not, you Americans get 5.00 for a 50-booster, whereas I pay 13.20?!

I know that it has fluctuated somewhat recently, but as of last check our dollar buys 81 us cents, and was up to 98 a couple of months ago. Why we are paying almost three times the price bewilders me. I know that there are probably costs to be taken into account because of the whole "other country" thing, but price wise for something $5 US, we should pay $6.17 AU, which is still less than half what is being charged.

I would like to know why this is happening, and in any case, if it is fixable? Sorry to sound a bit aggressive - this is a little presumptuous, I know, but I'm sure you ca understand my teenage, spendthrift situation. :3

Thanks guys

Dess(Owen)
Last edited by Dess; Sep 8, 2008 at 01:19 PM.
Its not the whole "other country" thing.
Hampa lives in the place that speaks swedish (am I right?)
So whatever the swedish money rounds to in Bills and what it rounds to in AU is probably diffrent.
What? universal currency - they can charge US people 5 bucks, for the same fee to use bpay or paypal or phonepay or whatever, and charge AUS 13.20? How do they reach that amount? swedish to us to australian is the same as swedish to australian or us to australian.
Originally Posted by Tyfuu View Post
Its not the whole "other country" thing.
Hampa lives in the place that speaks swedish (am I right?)
So whatever the swedish money rounds to in Bills and what it rounds to in AU is probably diffrent.

Stop misinforming people.

The charges are not up to hampa to decide. Onebip decides them. Go to THEM to complain. They happen because of taxes and fees that the mobile provider charges OneBip. They can't be removed. It's like Vodafone, in my case, charges OneBip x amount of dollars for every transaction. So obviously, besides the cost of the booster, you'll pay those x dollars too, along with a small fee for OneBip's services. It's basic economics.
Well then why is there no difference beween the paypal and onebip prices in the us? I see your point, but I still feel that aussies are somehow being screwed over here.
thats why i aint buyin boosters :P lol
20/6/2008 [Triforce] → 1/12/2008 [UrbanUnit] → 26/4/2015 [Addicted]
Mówiem po polsku źle; fully qualified med student
Perhaps OneBip might be at that price, but PayPal do currency transaction for FREE. So if Hampa is being a screwpot, get your PayPal account, transfer some money to US and tell em your American, and pay for the rightuous rate.
To answer your question, mobile has it's limitations because the carriers fix their price points sometimes, which means the carriers attach a rate to it that we cannot change.

The best thing we can do is to try and make the booster as low and as close as possible to the paypal price point, and sometimes this is cheaper.

The charges are not up to hampa to decide. Onebip decides them. Go to THEM to complain. They happen because of taxes and fees that the mobile provider charges OneBip. They can't be removed. It's like Vodafone, in my case, charges OneBip x amount of dollars for every transaction. So obviously, besides the cost of the booster, you'll pay those x dollars too, along with a small fee for OneBip's services. It's basic economics.

This is as jok mentioned.

PM me if you have any queries on this.
Gone Fishing