Ranking
Original Post
[Music] DiRt (Dubstep)
Ok.. so I'm new to music producing.. I'd like to know what you think and CnC is always nice

https://soundcloud.com/sj-producer/dirt

Right, I used Fl Studio 11 with Ni Massive and Nexus (Not that much nexus tho)
Last edited by MrSexyJunk; Mar 27, 2015 at 09:37 PM.
It's a nice start, one thing I suggest is working harder on the time pattern. your drop is about a bar and a half and it seems awkward to hear. If you have 4 bars of an intro you have to have 4 more bars of the second part of the into. The way it works is in a series of 4/8/16/32 bars.
Originally Posted by Goat View Post
It's a nice start, one thing I suggest is working harder on the time pattern. your drop is about a bar and a half and it seems awkward to hear. If you have 4 bars of an intro you have to have 4 more bars of the second part of the into. The way it works is in a series of 4/8/16/32 bars.

while in this case it does sound weird, i wouldnt (personally) use that as a rule of thumb. 5/4 or 3/4 loops in a primarily 4/4 track are a joy to have imo, more variety. sometimes when doing more noise oriented tracks or more convoluted drum breaks i lose myself and completely forget how many bars the loop lasts, and i end up with inconsistent but interesting rhythms (the only rule of thumb for me is that it should sound good)

my problems were mostly with the engineering, some things sounded louder than they should (i think the kick is slightly too loud, and the snare too quiet).

just listened to it again, i was wrong about some things. it seems like the vocal shots are a bit too loud. it sounds like the volume of the snare is slightly lower during the chorus though, is it? in the chorus it sounds a bit too quiet, but in the verse it sounds fine. idk
Last edited by pusga; Mar 29, 2015 at 12:42 AM.
oh yeah
Yeah, I need to work on my mastering and such, but like I said, I just started to do this stuff again. Never were really good tho
I might work some more on it.. and like add leads and bg noices and such. But we'll see, I don't like the drop anymore tho. It sounds wierd to me while I've heard it like a 1000 times.