Toribash
Original Post
ToriTheory Openers
I'm back! I hope everyone had a good summer (life got in the way of things so I haven't had too much time to work on Toritheory or even playing Toribash much at all.) I've pretty much completed all I have wanted to say about Toritheory, as going deeper into those subjects would confuse everyone, including me. So, after seeing chessmaster Greco's way of illustrating his theories, as well as reading the Toribash-chess thread, I thought it would be a neat idea to better illustrate Toritheory with an actual replay to show all of my points.
I would only want to do this, however, if there was a genuine interest in the project. In addition to a video link I will be able to include a synopsis of how the parts of the replay fit together to allow the movements to occur.

Remember, this project will only happen if people are genuinely interested in understanding and taking part in the core parts that make up Toribash. Anyone who thinks it's a cool/good/interesting idea please post your opinion. I also welcome comments and contructive criticism on the project.

Thanks,
Excapator
"There is nothing so easy to learn as experience and nothing so hard to apply."
-Josh Billings
I am interested.
Oblivion: that wasn't hilarious
Oblivion: it was brilliantly complex though
Oblivion: hands down man
Oblivion: today I genuinely believe more than I ever did before
Oblivion: that you are better than me
Oblivion: gg NutHug

Like my stuff?
Join my FunClub or subscribe on Youtube
A little more detail will be necessary for me to fully understand but I'm interested <.<
nyan :3
Youtube Channel i sometimes post videos of other games
Thanks for the supportive posts!
I would like about 10-15 supportive comments before I will actually take up the task of using these openers. If not enough peoiple are interested I'll write my Biology report.

Jigokuro,

Sorry for the confusion. If you want to read what I have done then go to
http://wiki.toribash.com/index.php?title=ToriTheory and read up on it (It's about 3,500 words, shouldn't take you more than 10 minutes to read depending on your reading speed. Hopefully it won't be too drab or confusing but the way I wrote it was done on purpose. In case you (or anyone else) is wondering, the way I shall write the opener will be in (mostly) plain English.

I will probably put the Openers in a subcategory (The category being what Openers (in my terms)) are. If there is any dispute as to whether I should not use this then please tell me before I start writing, perhaps in another week or two. The openers will each have a layout that will include the video link as well as a step-by-step guide to what happens in the video and how it ties into ToriTheory. (This will all be discussed in greater depth once I write the main Openers category.

Keep up the good work and support Toibashians!!
-Josh Billings
Uh.... Wow.

4 people isn't going to make this worth it, but I may put 1 Opener up so people can "sample" what I'm doing here. I'll notify people on the forums if and when that's done.
-Josh Billings
Read all of it. Sounds quite good, although the first few theories were quite difficult to understand. I completely dig the one on defense though, that helped me alot :D Anyway, I'd be glad to help if I can.
Last edited by Geast; Sep 21, 2008 at 04:21 PM.
Hi,

I haven't really posted anything on this forum before, but now I have to, because I read that ToriTheory thing in wiki and it was really interesting. So I hope you can write something about the openers, too.