Endurance Onslaught 6.0
Original Post
[Auction]Set: Spilled Blood
Back to the roots! Not moch more to say here for these textures. I happened to find a very nice technique in Gimp to simulate realistic blood patterns. The set is complete with dq, trails and ground texture.
Free customizations:
- text on the ground texture
- if you prefer bigger blood spost on the trails, I can do that

Starting bid: 10 k
Minimum increase: 5 k
Autobuy: 35 k
For 5k extra, I'll teach the technique in Gimp.
The auction ends at October 1st.
Edit: Lowered price by 50%!

I might take items but as I'm basically working for my own texture set, I prefer credits. My thanks & recommendations to Nobuddie's Screen Shop, who made it possible for me to show this set in shaders. Enjoy!

(don't confuse the trails, which looks like sprayed blood with the screenshot decoration. A more detailed look of the trails can be seen below in one of the other screens.)

Further shots:
Last edited by Fluxit; Sep 23, 2008 at 08:26 PM.
For some reason, the screen shot are not or only partially displayed. Seems to be a imageshack issue as I get timeouts connecting there, too. I hope this issue to be resolved later, if not, I try uploading it somewhere else. Selling a set makes no sense if you can't see it ...
You GOT to be kidding me... 20k for some 20 second work?

Try harder.
Jalis: Freelancer, you're a duck | Sachi: Freelancer, you're a duck | Reanimator: Freelancer, you're a duck
satiknee: Freelancer, you're a duck | Wiggi: Freelancer, you're a duck | Tarlan: Freelancer, you're a duck
If you can do it in 20 seconds, I'd surely admire you! ;)
Or maybe you just know a quicker way of realizing this result than me?
I think we already know what "the technique" is.

(Open GIMP, open brushes, apply brushes to textures)

Anyway. Carry on.
"Call yourself alive? I promise you you'll be deafened by dust falling on the furniture,
you'll feel your eyebrows turning to two gashes, and your shoulder blades will ache for want of wings."
Nasuke just PM'ed me, too. I should have figured out that it's easy to do with the according brushes. I used one brush and only one, it's already coming with Gimp, so yes, we are talking about a technique. One which does make it more time consuming than if you already have ready brushes at hands. And applying that brush isn't enough as several follow-ups are necessary after that to get the realistic look.

Anyway, I do understand that it's easier & quicker to get this result with the right brushes, which is a valid argument. I'm not too happy with it but it's the result which counts, isn't it?
Consequently, I lower the price to 50% of its original amount.
Last edited by Fluxit; Sep 23, 2008 at 08:37 PM.
Hey stop doing my work in making him look bad, I just said it wasn't worth that much. Now he changed the price and I haven't said anything else so get the hell off his back!

Thanks.
Jalis: Freelancer, you're a duck | Sachi: Freelancer, you're a duck | Reanimator: Freelancer, you're a duck
satiknee: Freelancer, you're a duck | Wiggi: Freelancer, you're a duck | Tarlan: Freelancer, you're a duck
Originally Posted by Freelancer View Post
You GOT to be kidding me... 20k for some 20 second work?

i got paid 75k for tonakais blood set -_-

Originally Posted by 3vi1 View Post
I think we already know what "the technique" is.

(Open GIMP, open brushes, apply brushes to textures)

Anyway. Carry on.

there are those who do that technique better than others. this is one of those sets i find is more well done than other blood sets i have seen
-=Art is never finished, only abandoned=-
Originally Posted by BenDover View Post
i got paid 75k for tonakais blood set -_-

Tunakai is really nice. Also you did a good job with his blood.