Toribash
Original Post
TC Purchasing Currency Problem
* All TC Purchase options are priced at "0 NOK"
* NOK is the correct currency.
* Signing in trough Steam doesn't change the problem.

(sorry for the sizes, didnt notice at first)

Last edited by DuckHuntP; Aug 28, 2015 at 04:46 PM.
I'm almost 100% sure the reason it's doing this is because Toribash does not recognize that type of currency you are using, so if you try using a different kind mostly likely it will work again. Try using USD or euros
|Jacklox2| |Frost| |MrBeany| |Nugget| |Sheetboy| xFIRExGAME |
Originally Posted by KDigityDog View Post
Try using USD or euros

I don't know where to find that option in Steam.
Last edited by DuckHuntP; Aug 28, 2015 at 04:57 PM.
I don't regulary use steam but I have read that you can only use the currency of the country where you are from.

You could always revert to purchasing it with paypal.
[03:39] <idabosswiz> can't you just set up a pass for ddos?
3 other tidbits of info that might be related:
* My countrycode on Toribash is incorrect (DE instead of correct NO)
* I think NOK currency was even detected before i used Steam Sign-in for the first time, when trying for the first time. But i could be remembering wrong.
* I got the game trough Steam service, created my TB account trough the client; and it took quite a few days before i even signed into the forums.

This is the screen prior to choosing amount. In case this is where Paypal option should be listed along with Steam.

Last edited by DuckHuntP; Aug 28, 2015 at 06:34 PM.
I think that your currency should match your country code, as NOK is Norwegian and DE uses a different kind of currency.

An admin can change your country code, but it will reset in less than a week most likely, so if an admin would be so nice to make your country code NO you probably would be able to buy things with your NOK.

So uh, I'd suggest pming solax, erth or gynx with a request to make your country code correct, then purchase tc.
Hi
Rapid Threads Lmod.
Got any questions? Feel free to ask!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Originally Posted by zwouter View Post
I think that your currency should match your country code, as NOK is Norwegian and DE uses a different kind of currency.

An admin can change your country code, but it will reset in less than a week most likely, so if an admin would be so nice to make your country code NO you probably would be able to buy things with your NOK.

So uh, I'd suggest pming solax, erth or gynx with a request to make your country code correct, then purchase tc.

An admin already tried to manually set my country code, after i spoke with him/her on IRC, and the person validated my IP. I do not remember the nickname of the person, but im still on "DE". I might have hexchat logs, but i doubt it.

Since i guess country is unrelated to this problem: here is my thread about wrong countrycode : http://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=527214

What i first tried after the admins attempt of changing it, was starting the game and still seeing the german flag. I then re-logged into forums anticipating it might be because of update delay, but still DE there as well.

But then it seems like its a dual detection problem going on, since my currency seemingly is detected correctly (NOK), apart from Steam, but my country-code currency would be EUR i guess. Why it would mismatch, i do not know, Norwegian Kroner is as far as i know valid currency. Our government might keep it hidden from us thoug (joke)
Last edited by DuckHuntP; Aug 28, 2015 at 11:49 PM.
Did he recently change your country code manually? Or was it a while ago already, the servers do a "country code reset " every week or something like that. So if an admin changed your country to NO 2 weeks ago, it would be DE by now again.

But if that's not the case then there's a pretty big chance something else is going on, since, as you stated, your currency does load as NOK. That might be a problem hampa will deal with, as he stated to check it.
Hi
Rapid Threads Lmod.
Got any questions? Feel free to ask!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]