Toribash
Original Post
View National Rankings
After reading through this ambitious thread http://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=521780 I thought of an idea with smaller scope but still with the intention of national/international competitiveness just using the existing rank system.

Ideas:
1 - National Rankings: A player can view the rankings within each country. Who're the highest ranking players in Australia? Sweden? Russia?

2 - Country Rankings: Player's can view which country has the highest average rank. Showing the top 3-5 could add some competitiveness.
Possible Issue -
Whether a minimum amount of players for a country is required to rank it. Why? If there's a country with only one ranked player, and that player is highly ranked, then they would practically automatically be top ranked as the majority of populated countries would have a diverse amount of ranks which would lower their average.

Possible Rewards -
Displaying somewhere both in-game and on forums the previous winners for both individual national ranks and country ranks. Top 5-10 players for national. Only top country shown.
Giving the top player for each country a 3D armband/headband with their countries flag designed into it.

Community Effect -
Adding awareness of players within certain countries, building more of a 'national pride' feel for ranks.
Adding national competitiveness may encourage more in-game activity as well as good-natured patriotic forum support. An increase in in-game activity would require displaying the ranks on the forums though, more work.

Well thanks for reading/considering my idea. Any feedback, additions or criticisms welcome!
I think there's a Country ranking, but I don't think rewards can be a good thing.
It will be an easy obtaining of TC / Items.

There's a player rank that hampa did and someone winned 992k of tc, a lot.

so Not Supported at all
Last edited by Corredor; Sep 8, 2015 at 10:23 PM.
Running away...
Originally Posted by Superseba View Post
I think there's a Country ranking, but I don't think rewards can be a good thing.

There's a player rank that hampa did and someone winned 992k of tc, a lot.

so Not Supported at all

Just saying but he never said anything about winning TC.
dreamy suicide act
and the armband/headband is a way to show that you've made your nation proud(&forboastingrights) supported, but it might take some time tho.
aaaaAAaaAasaaadABabababalnandàas2
no rewards please
could be op for small countries and aliens i dont like it

partially supported i guess
Originally Posted by dank View Post
Just saying but he never said anything about winning TC.

Originally Posted by Superseba
It will be an easy obtaining TC / Items.

I know, but I was talking about Items too
Running away...
Originally Posted by Superseba View Post

No TC, but only one untradeable item per country that swaps hands each time ranks are reset just to show who was the top best player for a country in the previous month. Maybe with a minimum required games played that round or something too, just for the low player-base countries.
I don't really know about this idea, but I think it might be cool but I'm not sure if the rest of the community agrees.
i agree with this idea since i am from Egypt and i can be the 1st Egyptian to have high rank ?
idk but i support this idea.