Toribash
Original Post
There are currently over 240 Guests
Sorry if I'm being silly but this seems unnatural and possibly concerning. It just seems like too many unregistered users are browsing the Forums right now. Maybe Bots?
UPDATE:Guests are going down and members are going up at an alarming rate. Someone is registering many user profiles. Ban Avoiding? Alts? Spambots?
UPDATE 2:Newly registered members go offline immediately after registering. Obviously to register the other guest accounts to turn them into member accounts. Look into it please to see the intention of all this.
UPDATE 3:Since when are there 4 Million Members?
Last edited by Merc; Sep 29, 2015 at 12:36 PM.
| Leader of FC | Loans | ABD Enthusiast |
Originally Posted by ZENBOY123 View Post
Sorry if I'm being silly but this seems unnatural and possibly concerning. It just seems like too many unregistered users are browsing the Forums right now. Maybe Bots?
UPDATE:Guests are going down and members are going up at an alarming rate. Someone is registering many user profiles. Ban Avoiding? Alts? Spambots?
UPDATE 2:Newly registered members go offline immediately after registering. Obviously to register the other guest accounts to turn them into member accounts. Look into it please to see the intention of all this.
UPDATE 3:Since when are there 4 Million Members?

Im not sure about the others but for this, we had an influx of players when Toribash released onto Steam
. LETS GET FUCKED UP
Well that might explain the 4M which still seems a bit high wow But what about the rapidly registering and going offline guests recently for the past 3 hours :P Seems too fishy O_o? And it's a shame that the Steam Users aren't more closely tied and intertwined to the Main Community here
there have always alot of guests around.
guests can be anyone. from someone that just forgot to log in, someone that just doesnst want to log in, or banned users trying to keep in touch.

we've also had a shit tonne of users registered for ages aswell. there have been several stages where there has been massive influxes of new users.
the 3.0 release years ago brough in massive amounts of users when we were forced to register, the goon invasion in 08/09 i think took us up to 2 million, the wii release and 4.0 release also did some pretty big things for registration numbers.

also think there was something about the DDOSing or forum attack things and forum rollback a few years ago, but i dont know much about that shit.
-=Art is never finished, only abandoned=-
Yeah but ignoring the registered users from the past and if we forget the 4M thing I mentioned let's focus on who's making that much alts right now and why. Also thx guys for informative posts.
I'm really confused as to why the fuck it matters that there are 4 million accounts? Also the forum has also that many guests since pretty much forever
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[4:37 PM] ponf: y'all might think i'm not wild enough to send dick pics over toribash
[4:37 PM] ponf: you'd be wrong
uwu i wuv you uwu
Nvm the 4M guys. I was just shocked by the big number since I didn't check for a while and was wondering if many were newly made spambots for an attack. And what primarily alarmed me is that so many guests were becoming members then going offline so rapidly so I felt it might be a spambot attack and wouldn't take the chance so I posted here.
The forums have ddos protection anyway.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[4:37 PM] ponf: y'all might think i'm not wild enough to send dick pics over toribash
[4:37 PM] ponf: you'd be wrong
uwu i wuv you uwu
Alright good to know ^_^ No one wants a spam bot attack like what I heard happened here long ago. Thans for the info meow.