Endurance Onslaught 6.0
Original Post
[Tex WIP] Halloween Head
I came up with a great idea for a head last night. I know it's kind of
been done before but I don't care. I made this 10 minute sketch to show you
what I envisioned. Going to be making this through out the next few weeks, and I'll be posting updates along the way.

Anything and Everything I upload will either be made with pencil and paper or Gimp 2

Would love to hear what you think.

Edit:

The dark mark under the tongue was me starting to shade and remembering it was a sketch :P

Sketch

Can't talk. Things to do, people to kill...
Me being a lover of 10 minute sketches, I really like this. I get really good vibes from this, it's so original it could make an epic head. I like the concept, but ofc it's a 10 minute sketch. I'd suggest working on the hands and all. Otherwise I approve majorly, if you'd like I could help you develop it.
I made a bigger sketch, started with the eye's. the nose is a little wide, will fix that soon.
Possibly have the eye's look forward instead of up? or does it look fine?

Bigger Sketch

Slow down there cowboy.
I have sooo many things I can say about these but I will make this short.
First off on the list, get a good sketchbook from like Blick's or from Michaels. This will give you a better space for the different kinds of pencils you use.

This brings me to the next part, I know that pencils don't really matter that much unless you were me. In my opinion I like to start off with a 3h-5h pencil for the sketch and increase (or decrease) to 1b and 2b pencils. This would give you harder and softer tools to get the value you want on your art.

Next, get your proportions as best as possible and take your time to make the hands, eyes, and mouth as perfect as you possibly can. This will come in handy (Pun intended) for when you get to the shading. This gives you a better understanding of how the light will affect the different regions of the face and body.

After that, don't start your drawing with really dark lines so you can shade and so you can erase if necessary. On some occasions you can start with dark lines and work your way out but that is for another thing. If you fuck up you can easily erase it and make some fixes.

Shading is later, blah blah blah.

Here are some reference images to help you with proportions and get you to make those crusty hands and weird looking face parts out of the way haha
WARNING: BIG IMAGES

Images

I am just an icon livin'
Wow, that'll help me a lot. Thanks for the reference pictures turtle. An old friend of mine who was much better at art than me told me to look for some reference pictures to make it look more realistic. I've already scraped the nose, just wanted to get a space in for the mouth.

Will be doing quit a bit of sketching before I bring it into the gimp stage. Thanks again for the references and advice. I have a sketch book aswell I just cant find it. Just used a #2 pencil though

Edit: I love that turtle Turtle
Last edited by Draku; Oct 20, 2015 at 02:43 AM.
The sketch reminds me of a TV show when I was a kid call little monsters or angry monsters can't remember.. It's been way too long
#INIT2WINIT