Ranking
Original Post
[TEX]Lunar
Soft: PS CS6
Artist: Hug
Owner: Tulkas

Made this head in two versions which you can see at preview.

There is flat

Last edited by Hug; Nov 3, 2015 at 07:47 AM.
Some of the shadows look messy or missplaced. Otherwise I really love the style of the head.
|Opener by Xioi|#KillTheScootCork|
|Replays|
"Cool delfin med solglajjor" -Larfen
I'd personally say that the shadow of the crown looks a bit too messy. Then there's the pitch black shadows of the hair which make it seem like the hair has been extended in black if you see it on the white version.
|Opener by Xioi|#KillTheScootCork|
|Replays|
"Cool delfin med solglajjor" -Larfen
I wanted to give some steel effect to the crown so I've decided to use lighten tool. Maybe that's the reason why it seems messy with these sharp lines on other details.
About black hair: I wanted to make it smooth and deep colored which is hard to do using black gamma (as for me).
I think it's not evident on a sphere but it makes black hair deeper.
skin tones could use some more contrast, the shadows around the eyes especially are crying to be darker, would give it some real character.
otherwise yea, its pretty nice.
-=Art is never finished, only abandoned=-
I thought about using more contrast on the face. I suppose this was my fail that I've used only light colors on the face (except of black). I caught too hard about the wishes of the customer to make a very bright face.
This head reminds me a lot of katsudon's and enma's drawing style, which they're inspire me a lot, good job
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
bintangfal#9846
Well, maybe its because u use thick line

Example of enma's :

I can't find any katsudon's work, so ya
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
bintangfal#9846