Ranking
Original Post
Comp Requirements
What are the minimum requirements for the game? I'm trying to use a PIII 750 with 128 mb or RAM, and it isn't loading. Probably too low, right? Thank God it's only my work computer...
Re: Comp Requirements
Unable to open audio: DirectSoundCreate: No audio device found

That's what it says, but I know this computer has a soundcard, and speakers are plugged in.
Still nobody wrote what are the minimum requirements. I have a Sempron[socket A] 2200+, Gigabyte Radeon 9550 OC`d over 9600, 512MB DDR1 Kingston ... and when I have both player shadows on, I get sometimes as low as 5fps ... it`s really hard to play on-line with that. It gets so low only when these 2 players are really close and are one on another :P without these shadows I have 60FPS. I have shaders, music, reflections, soft shadows, fluid blood ... all of them OFF and frame skipping ON and still not much difference when both shadows are on. Maybe for PRO users these shadows are useless, but for a beginner they really are good to have ON.

Any ideas? Is my GFX card too slow?
please dont bump 1 year old threads, make new ones.
what if you turn off shaders?
:D
Originally Posted by Hawk2 View Post
I have shaders, music, reflections, soft shadows, fluid blood ... all of them OFF and frame skipping ON

As you see I already wrote, that I have shaders off.
Make sure you use the latest drivers for your graphic card, this may effect game performance
The shadows - we call them ghosts - make the game slow due to physics calculations.
You can turn on only one of the ghosts by pressing 'g'.
Originally Posted by Stilf View Post
The shadows - we call them ghosts - make the game slow due to physics calculations.

Oh yeah, it really is the physics that slows it down(and AFAIK if i don`t have the Ageia PhysX card[i don`t even know if this game supports it, NVM, I won`t buy it], then the CPU calculates it).

I started the game, turned on one ghost, checked AVG CPU usage, then OC`d my CPU, and changed the AVG CPU usage again ... it was lower now. So it`s not the graphics card that slows down the game, but my old CPU :P

Thx for solving this problem. The 'g' key was usefull