Ranking
Original Post
[TEX] CnC needed. Attempt at realism
Wip 8 is here and its ugly D:
I did take the grey/white sketch thing from jebus by the way, but it will end up in color and detailed, tell me what you think (I'm still really rusty so this kinda sucks):
[SPOILER="Earlier Wips"][URL=http://s300.photobucket.com/user/Veoo/media/Attempt%20at%20realistic%202_zpsgkpptanj.png.html]

[URL=http://s300.photobucket.com/user/Veoo/media/head%202_zps1tngyevg.png.html]
WIPS ABOVE THIS ARE NOW NOT AVAILABLE

Current WIP (9th)

Last edited by Veoo; Jan 11, 2016 at 12:31 AM.
Originally Posted by xFIRExGAME View Post
Woah, Woah, Woah, Pretty awesome Brother 10/10

Woah :v thanks man!
no offense but... meh.... You're using a hard round brush all the time, doesn't look that good
I'm Tasty and I know it.
I like Rocks.
Originally Posted by Cerberus View Post
no offense but... meh.... You're using a hard round brush all the time, doesn't look that good

asshole.

Jk lol.

But what brush do you recommend?

(also its just a sketch)
-----
Also: if you have a problem with my texture and don't know a proper solution, please don't post on my thread, unless you can at least try to find some sort of solution that I could implement, constructive criticism is what I ask for, not just criticism
Last edited by Veoo; Dec 30, 2015 at 07:10 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
If you're trying for realism you'll need more shading and less hard lines. It greatly helps if you have a reference, so find some images of the closest thing to the creature you're creating, and attempt to mimic the shading of the image in your own.

I'm no pro, but this was my attempt at realism.

example

Pay attention to the softness, hard lines are important, but not as important as settle differences in shading.
Former Item Forger
Originally Posted by Stupinator View Post
If you're trying for realism you'll need more shading and less hard lines. It greatly helps if you have a reference, so find some images of the closest thing to the creature you're creating, and attempt to mimic the shading of the image in your own.

I'm no pro, but this was my attempt at realism.

example

Pay attention to the softness, hard lines are important, but not as important as settle differences in shading.

Thank you.

This is a sketch, and I will smooth the lines!
for a sketch I recommend sticking with monochrome as it will give you more insight on where goes what. As per brushes.... well... don't use hard round, solid colors. Like, use low opacity and low hardness to shade an area, and use high opacity with high hardness to make details, and things stand out. That good enough for you sir?
I'm Tasty and I know it.
I like Rocks.