Ranking
Original Post
[IMG] first C4D object
After seeing what can be created with C4D, I decided to buy it, and mess around, here's my first rendered image:

any comments/suggestions would be greatly appreciated, especially from those who have experience with C4D
Former Item Forger
How much does the program cost? Also, looks better than what I could do with a free program a friend has.
Bounafizta says:
My love for u has gotten me detention like 4 times lol
Cinema4D is not-so-cheap as it's used by pixar and several other animated movies.

Also, a bit too much bump mapping? XD
Jalis: Freelancer, you're a duck | Sachi: Freelancer, you're a duck | Reanimator: Freelancer, you're a duck
satiknee: Freelancer, you're a duck | Wiggi: Freelancer, you're a duck | Tarlan: Freelancer, you're a duck
Originally Posted by Stupinator View Post
honestly, this is what we have google for :P

i did that, and what i found, the cheapest version was around $1000 USD.
Bounafizta says:
Originally Posted by tacoBELL View Post
i did that, and what i found, the cheapest version was around $1000 USD.

As I said, this is not a tool for kids to play with. It's used by big movie companies.
Jalis: Freelancer, you're a duck | Sachi: Freelancer, you're a duck | Reanimator: Freelancer, you're a duck
satiknee: Freelancer, you're a duck | Wiggi: Freelancer, you're a duck | Tarlan: Freelancer, you're a duck
Originally Posted by Freelancer View Post
As I said, this is not a tool for kids to play with. It's used by big movie companies.

Then I shall never get my hands on a copy. Do you have any recommendations for a cheaper, or maybe even free program I can download and use that is fairly easy to get the hang of?
Bounafizta says:
Originally Posted by tacoBELL View Post
Then I shall never get my hands on a copy. Do you have any recommendations for a cheaper, or maybe even free program I can download and use that is fairly easy to get the hang of?

Milkshape is great for modeling but not for rendering, in fact, milkshape has no rendering ability , but who needs to render if you're kickass at modeling ?

Hm what else...XSI is fairly cheap I THINK...and that app is very good.
Blender's pretty good, kind of confusing interface at first, but once you get past it it's awesome, plus it can model and render.