Toribash
Original Post
Can't watch toribash replays
After installing toribash 3.5, i noticed that when i try to open a .rpl file, it asks what program i want to use to open it with.. Well i went to my toribash folder and chose toribash.exe, but now when i open a .rpl file, nothing happens.. So the only way i can watch a replay is to put it in the replay folder and open toribashi and go to Replays..

How do i make it work? -.-
This has pretty much been a problem for years now. Only way to fix it is to reinstall and/or delete all the .rpl filetype registry entries in your registry.
(USER WAS RABID IN THIS POST)
Look in the support forum, I posted a way to fix it. It's quoted in a recent post.

<Erf> SkulFuk: gf just made a toilet sniffing joke at me
<Erf> i think
<Erf> i think i hate you
Uhh, link please? I can't find it, especially with all the people titling they're topics like "need help plz"..

Also i tried reinstall, now when i doubleclick a .rpl file, i get the error "....\filename.rpl is not a valid Win32 application".
Go go self quote!

Originally Posted by skulfuk
Basically when you remove toribash Windows still expects to open the replay files with what was installed previously, and 9 times out of 10 it doesn't fix the file association. I'd uninstall the game, delete the file association with .rpl (goto My Documents or another folder, click on the tools menu, goto folder options and then file types. Delete whatever's set for .RPL) and reinstall the game. Then go to your replay folder, try and open a replay and tell it to open it with toribash.

That should cure that problem, although knowing Windoze it wont! ^ ^

Taadaa! So yeah, remove toribash, then remove the file association & finally reinstall toribash.

It's a pain in the ass to do for every update, which is why I always install newer versions in the same place I had the older one.

<Erf> i think
<Erf> i think i hate you
I did this and now it opens the replay file, and i see the replay but infront of the replay the menu also opens.. And it gets in the way so if i want to see the replay good, i still have to go manually to Replays and select a replay from toribash.exe..

Thanks anyway though.
Last edited by Magix; Oct 30, 2008 at 01:48 PM.
Yeah, the menu always appears on startup now. Press ESC when TB's loading and it won't appear.

<Erf> i think
<Erf> i think i hate you