Endurance Onslaught 6.0
Original Post
Jackpot Servers
I am an avid CS:GO player. I gamble my skins from time to time, and like to play Jackpot. There are plenty of gambling methods, but Jackpot is one of my favorites.

I was thinking of this idea, how about Jackpot Servers? Instead of it being random obviously, it'd go a little like this;

Once every hour, day, week, or month, whatever the preferred interval is, there would be a Jackpot event. This could be automatic, or done by an ES, either or. What would happen is, to enter the event, you'd have to pay an amount of TC. This amount would have to be set in stone, unlike actual jackpot, as "chances" of winning in toribash are virtually impossible to calculate. So, it'd go something like "Please send 1,000 Toricredits to "Jackbot" see what i did there to be entered into the Event." And then, once the TC is sent, they would be allowed to join.

After the process of getting players to join and play is over, and the event actually starts, it would be like a normal ETourney. Player v Player in x mod, winner gets knocked to the bottom while loser gets fspecced. Once you lose, you lose your chance to win the ultimate Jackpot, as well as your TC that you put into the Jackpot. Obviously, the player who comes out on top gets the entire jackpot.

Additional pro of this method; it doesn't spawn TC into the economy, rather just uses players TC.

Another thing I was thinking about was the possibility of using items in place of Toricredits. Players could use items, and maybe have a set worth that the items have to be? For instance, if the minimum TC required to join was 1,000 Toricredits, the item would have to be at least worth 1,000 Toricredits.

Let me know what you guys think! :)
"Jackpot" is a really weird way to put it and you make it sound more complicated than it actually is.
I'm quite sure that what you're suggesting here is pay to enter "winner takes all" tournament. It's pretty much a casual tourney, just like the ones we already have, but with additional hassle and risk of losing your money. Yeahh I don't think there is really a need for that, unless the stakes are high (like 5-20k to enter), then I can see how some people would be interested in it. But then again, duel offers much better odds of winning, so I don't see how this would be superior.

Edit: I think it's also worth to note that opt in tourneys have been suggested many times and it was denied so I don't think it will be different this time
Last edited by Smaguris; Apr 5, 2017 at 09:22 PM.
Originally Posted by Smaguris View Post
"Jackpot" is a really weird way to put it and you make it sound more complicated than it actually is.
I'm quite sure that what you're suggesting here is pay to enter "winner takes all" tournament. It's pretty much a casual tourney, just like the ones we already have, but with additional hassle and risk of losing your money. Yeahh I don't think there is really a need for that, unless the stakes are high (like 5-20k to enter), then I can see how some people would be interested in it. But then again, duel offers much better odds of winning, so I don't see how this would be superior.

It's like a casual automatic tournament, but doesn't spawn TC, which you seem to be so worried about. The stakes are adjustable. It's Jackpot, but instead of relying on percentages as in a gambling sense, it's whoever wins gets all. You haven't really offered anything to argue against..? I know duels exist. This is like a giant duel, I suppose, but it's against everyone who enters the Jackpot.
Yeah...no. What you're doing here is trying to re-invent a bike.
Let's just get it straight: it's not a jackpot, it's a tournament. Jackpot goes into gambling category, and by definition gambling is games of chance for money. Tournament on the other hand is based on skill and competition, which is what you're suggesting here.
Now that this is out of the way, I didn't really intend to bring any points that you could argue against. I'm just letting you know that ideas of tourneys like that have been suggested and denied in the past.
Originally Posted by Smaguris View Post
Yeah...no. What you're doing here is trying to re-invent a bike.
Let's just get it straight: it's not a jackpot, it's a tournament. Jackpot goes into gambling category, and by definition gambling is games of chance for money. Tournament on the other hand is based on skill and competition, which is what you're suggesting here.
Now that this is out of the way, I didn't really intend to bring any points that you could argue against. I'm just letting you know that ideas of tourneys like that have been suggested and denied in the past.

Really? Could you point me to a thread or two? I wasn't able to find one.

I suppose you're right, I should've looked into the term "jackpot" a little more.

Here, would you like this over-complicated title more to suite your fancy?

"Pay to play tournament that if you win you are rewarded with the TC every other player who played in the tournament payed with"

I don't really know what to call it, I just slapped on "Jackpot".

Either way, you get the idea of the tournament. Could you please bring up an argument that would inform me on why this is a bad suggestion, or a good one?
I didn't say it was in form of a post, did I? If you are really dedicated, feel free to ask Sir I'm sure he has heard about it countless times.

Now I personally don't think it's a good or bad idea. In fact, I'd quite like and enjoy these type of tournaments, but I was just giving you facts rather than my personal preference. I personally don't even know why the idea has been neglected, but it's just how it is.

Oh also you can just call it "opt-in tourney"
Last edited by Smaguris; Apr 5, 2017 at 09:57 PM.