Toribash
Original Post
back in the saddle (that means sex)
More replays in following posts

those who came for the BARREL ROLL, see page 3

bummer I don't know of a less sexually-centered way to say what I mean, but anyways... I'm back again (at least for the week)

I don't feel like commenting yet, but I have replays! then again, i only learned to comment again after a day or two last time, so who knows

some of the replays may seem below par for me, which is because I made them on miscellaneous one-replay playing sessions and then lost interest for days again.

momentum dropkick: one of those high grav replays I did before my break. I love the arches that the legs make in the kicks
running knee attack: again a high grav replay. A lot like a tekken move that I love. Can't remember who's it was
trick hook split: a modified version of the above replay.
whip kick: a tasteless, odorless, fumeless decap kick... just to show you how low I was :P
wushooks: this is the replay that convinced me I'm back. the first 40 frames and the consecutive first strike are largely influenced by (the possibilities of) my wushu starter, hence the name.
Attached Files
1 momentum dropkick.rpl (74.0 KB, 52 views)
2 running knee attack.rpl (101.9 KB, 41 views)
1 trick hook split.rpl (119.4 KB, 38 views)
1 whip kick.rpl (181.8 KB, 42 views)
2 wushooks.rpl (180.0 KB, 48 views)
Last edited by Archlurps; Nov 23, 2008 at 09:28 PM.
I refuse to grab.
-
Like CnC? Most people do. Be a dear and spread the love!
Welcome back mate ! Glad to see you found your interest in TB again ( even if just for a while :P )

alright...lets get straight to your replays

Momentum dropkick : Very nice execution. The only thing i didnt like THAT much is the small stop you do at around 440 and before you start your actual attack. Still a very nice replay

running knee attack : yea, thats what high gravity is good for ^^. You look like your splitting wood ( uke ) with your knee. funneh ! xD

tick hook split also nice but i liked the knee attack better

whip kick very accurate kick you made there. The power of the kick itself wasnt all that fast but you made up for it with precision. To bad you're flying around afterwards

wushooks : Best of the bunch. Very fluid madman and nice dismemberments ! I hope you dont mind that teensy weensy edit i made :P
Attached Files
Archyedit.rpl (205.3 KB, 25 views)
<Alan> lol, rutz, it might be cool to smell your ass all the time you touch the mic

http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn298/H4rl/PS/deathnote1-2.png
thanks, rutz! I have one or two more replays, and I'll soon start work on one more (at least), but I'll save them for once I have one or two more comments.

I don't mind the edit at all, because you're a very good editor. And besides, you only edited after the actual "action", so it's very OK.
I refuse to grab.
-
YAY!!! Archlups is back. I am at school, but I saved these to my flash drive and will comment soon. Good to see you
Organisation of Awesome: Member.
hmmh... what's wrong with the title? nobody's watching. It's still the same drill, everybody's so keen on dumping on bad replays and doesn't care about seeing good ones (not saying mine are).

I'll keep the replays for one more comment, then I'll put them on the thread no matter what.
I refuse to grab.
-
!Here comes the one more comment!

momentum dropkick: I liked teh parable of the kick, but i would have preferred it if u didn't hit uke with ur right feet before the decap.

running knee: really nice one, it reminds me of the muai thai comp

trick hook split: my favourite one, i found ur movements kinda realistic and i loved how uke breaks his neck just because of gravity. Really well executed

the whip one: i didn't liked this kick for 2 reasons: u hit uke with ur knee befor teh decap and u fly away after it.

wushooks: That one is a cool nograb madman, i liked how u keep uke behind you while u dm him, great leg work
●Alpha●
●OLDA●
●ORMO●
thank you, maldiluna... Hopefully I'll get more than one comment per day with the new bunch.

as promised, here they are:

aerial stomp: a break-time replay. Not exactly bad, but the dismemberments aren't the best possible for a two-hit combo. the name comes from the stompish style of the decap kick.
bull rush: also a break-time replay. This actually compares really well to active time replays, but there are a few teeny flaws that you can notice if you watch closely.
orbiter split: a version of my "orbiter kick" replay (in the last batch of my previous thread. The link is still in my sig). This time it splits uke instead of decapitating him.
antigrav combo: A lot like "wushooks". This one is sorta-based on my aikido opener, but as can be seen early on, there are no aikido moves after the prepping, and even that is fracspaced really early on. I love that last strike... I'd start going out with it if it where a girl my age... if she didn't already have a boyfriend

Next time I won't have any break-time replays to add, but I already have one new replay (and one edit of it) ready, plus an MP replay. Hopefully by the next batch I'll also have another new replay to put up too. I'll wait for three comments first tho
Attached Files
2 aerial stomp.rpl (180.0 KB, 24 views)
2 Bull rush.rpl (341.4 KB, 23 views)
1 orbiter split.rpl (110.7 KB, 23 views)
2 antigrav combo.rpl (185.9 KB, 24 views)
I refuse to grab.
-
lol, just as I come to comment on your last batch you post more. I actually like commenting on your replays though, so keep em coming. Unfortunately my comments will be sort of inaccurate as I had to jot them in a notebook before I left my house and came to the school library to access the internet(Yeah, im a nerd). O.k.

Dropkick. I think it was a bit sloppy. Good amount for destruction and all, and a nice pose, but too sloppy for my tastes.

Trick hook. ...I am bias against high grav replays. The movements were nice, but to me it always seems that the destruction in these replays is more the gravity than the player.

Whip Kick. I have actually tried to get something like that a few times before, I was only ever able to do it with grabbing, so extra kudos to you there.

Running Knee. Again, the movements were nice, but the DMs...

2wushhooks. <<not sure what that means...but nice replays non the less. It was a tad dirty, but not so much as to make it any less cool. 9/10.

and yeah, people still suck about commenting around here for the most part. As it probably always has been there are a group of people who do, and a group who dont, and everyone probably only comments on certain players replays filling up 7 pages while everyone else is lucky to get one or two and etc.... Dont feel bad, I have seen you at full steam and it is EPIC

EDIT: I just read what the name means on wushuhooks :P sorry, I skim.
Last edited by deady; Nov 21, 2008 at 04:11 AM.
Organisation of Awesome: Member.
thanks, deady. And thanks for seeing the extra effort to view my replays

as you figured out yourself, "wushooks" is a conjunction of "wushu" (sounds like "woshoo") and "hooks". Didn't think of anything better lol. the wushu is, like I said, because It starts with something similar to my wushu opener, and the hooks is of cource because it's heavy on hook kicks.

as for the commenting, I know, but oddly this isn't even getting more than a few of those who do comment. like vigilante (at least he used to), wiggins and the lot (just came back so I can't remember more of the names)...

still 2 more comments to go before I'm gonna post more.
I refuse to grab.
-
I viewed all of em, I gotta say, wushooks is awesome, I've never seen that opener before. completely original, and very destructive.

I like your orbital split too, it's so dang smooth!

I don't know how you do it, but I'm glad you do. very entertaining.
Former Item Forger