Toribash
Original Post
Textures won't mirror properly
Hey,

So I'm making my first complete texture set and I have a problem. When I get say my right bicep and flip it vertically in gimp it doesn't show at all in game. With my triceps they're not perfect mirrors of each other.

Here's a pic:

Future thanks for the help!
yeh ive had that problem dude the best thiong to do is align it so its the same so like move the texture left or right.
JaCk Is BaCk
I don't understand what your saying I flipped it in gimp. Are you saying to just make a new file and draw the same thing flipped? I deleted the biceps and triceps textures because they don't look good and I'm starting again.
Search before posting, please...

Ray Arvin says:
for legs, it's filter->offset->64 pixels down
Ray Arvin says:
edit flip verrtical
Ray Arvin says:
for arms its flip horizontal filter->offset->20 pixels right

"Call yourself alive? I promise you you'll be deafened by dust falling on the furniture,
you'll feel your eyebrows turning to two gashes, and your shoulder blades will ache for want of wings."
If your wanting to flip an arm or leg texture you need to do it horizontally. Flipping it vertically will pretty much just rotate it around the limb.

If the texture's turning white when saved then it's a problem with the way the file's being saved.

<Erf> SkulFuk: gf just made a toilet sniffing joke at me
<Erf> i think
<Erf> i think i hate you
You have to move them a certain amount of pixels to one direction to have the mirror correctly. Tri/Bicep textures aren't mapped across the whole bicep. They stop about 3 fourths down the way of the Tri/Bicep mesh.
[12:04] <@Jarmund> the only thing that could make it even clearer that he didn't have a woman, would be if he played WoW
[21:20] <blkk> what does fap mean?
EXPERT ANSWER

With a single layer image, copy the layer, make a vertical guide at 102px, select the are from (0,0) to (102,128), crop layer, horizontally flip, save your mirrored image.

You can look at my textures for reference.