Ranking
Original Post
Major FPS spike
Now, I have been running shaders until now well with around 9-15 steady fps, but suddenly my copy of toribash is slow and unresponsive with shaders, and i'm getting two fps.

I don't mind having shaders off, but this is really irritating. I have not changed anything in my system settings, I wake up one day and find that it takes five minutes to watch 11framedecap.rpl. I try turning on and off fluid blood, reflections, etc., but the effect is still the same-two frames per second toribash.

I'm running a Compaq Presario Windows vista home premium, with AMD Athlon X2 4800 Dual-Core, and a NVIDIA GeForce 6150 graphics card. My version of toribash is 3.66.

Can someone please explain to me why toribash is taking a massive shit whenever I turn on shaders?
9-15 fps is not slow and unresponsive?

check for updates on your drivers n'such.
^garblejfidlssja beflijfdsl baeufkh dsjlinuefjdsl
It could be Vista munching your graphics. The 6150 only meets the Vista spec when it's got 512meg dedicated to it, and it's not a very powerful chip.

AFAIK people have only got the NV44 (6100/6150) running with shaders smoothly by turning off everything other than fluid blood - add the over head from Aero and your graphics chip's in for a struggle.

You could try dropping your desktop to standard Vista in the display properties.

<Erf> SkulFuk: gf just made a toilet sniffing joke at me
<Erf> i think
<Erf> i think i hate you
Originally Posted by Kips View Post
Now, I have been running shaders until now well with around 9-15 steady fps, but suddenly my copy of toribash is slow and unresponsive with shaders, and i'm getting two fps.

I don't mind having shaders off, but this is really irritating. I have not changed anything in my system settings, I wake up one day and find that it takes five minutes to watch 11framedecap.rpl. I try turning on and off fluid blood, reflections, etc., but the effect is still the same-two frames per second toribash.

I'm running a Compaq Presario Windows vista home premium, with AMD Athlon X2 4800 Dual-Core, and a NVIDIA GeForce 6150 graphics card. My version of toribash is 3.66.

Can someone please explain to me why toribash is taking a massive shit whenever I turn on shaders?

Originally Posted by Gubbin1 View Post
9-15 fps is not slow and unresponsive?

check for updates on your drivers n'such.

Do you not read?

There is no solution besides driver update. Search for the thousands of thread to figure it out.
[23:23:53] <AndChat|700625> Blue eyes ultimate dragon best card
[23:24:29] <AndChat|700625> You know the one with 3 heads
[23:24:39] <~Lightningkid> just like my dick

[11:35:40] <box> Hampa suck
[11:36:21] <hampa> not the first to tell me that today
Originally Posted by box View Post
Do you not read?

There is no solution besides driver update. Search for the thousands of thread to figure it out.

GEE I WISH I DIDN'T JUMP TO CONCLUSIONS EVERY TIME SOMEONE MAKES A SIMILAR THREAD
There's a few possible solutions but it's figuring out which one's going to work best for the situation. A new driver could raise the frame rate by 1 - 2 FPS, but it's hardly worth the tweaking for a gain like that.

You're not short of processing power - I get 60fps easily with a single core Athlon, and RAM usually isn't an issue so we'll not go there.

You could try updating to 6.69 which might make things smoother, or it might not.

A new graphics card is the only real guarantee of sorting it, and a cheap 7 or 8 series GeForce can be got for under $100/£50.

<Erf> SkulFuk: gf just made a toilet sniffing joke at me
<Erf> i think
<Erf> i think i hate you