Toribash
Original Post
is this game ever going to recover?
hello

will we ever see toribash next ? will the community ever grow back?
Parrot | Tabby | Nike | [Midnight] | Foxy | Deridor | Joel

Helping admins since 2013 (Can't ya'll leave this alone?)
Reta's Bitch, Property of Kriegery, Bribed by Bird, Tinerr 4 President.
Awaken, awaken, awaken, awaken. Take the land, that must be taken. Awaken, awaken, awaken, awaken. Devour worlds, smite forsaken
No. Stop dragging me back here

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Find the hidden shovel and uncover the secrets of my religion.
-snip-

10:17 PM <~Creati0n> GAS THE DUELERS
6:35 PM <&Fear> good job reta you are now the King Admin
6:35 PM <Typhon> Gj Reta god

i do until you join back our clan

Awaken, awaken, awaken, awaken. Take the land, that must be taken. Awaken, awaken, awaken, awaken. Devour worlds, smite forsaken
Originally Posted by Viraly0 View Post
Still nothing like this game that exists so perhaps, everyone stop the doomer talk!!!!

the sad truth is that everyone and their mom under the sun has played toribash by now and either deemed it too difficult or got bored by it.

this garbage ass game aint poppin off anytime soon but i'll still be on it if u wanna get put in a blender in a lenshu match by yours truly
Hi there.

I used to play this game more than a decade ago, and once In a while I do check the forums. To answer your question if this game will ever recover, well we simply don't know. The game mechanic is most certainly unique, you don't see any "Ragdoll physics fighting" games today.
Originally Posted by PlayerID57 View Post
Hi there.

I used to play this game more than a decade ago, and once In a while I do check the forums. To answer your question if this game will ever recover, well we simply don't know. The game mechanic is most certainly unique, you don't see any "Ragdoll physics fighting" games today.

probably because the genre is kinda dead and stems from the flash games era where that was a huge thing.

though technically toribash next announced everything we had ever wanted at the point of time, but its release had been too long and the hype simply died out i guess

Originally Posted by Unicorn View Post
probably because the genre is kinda dead and stems from the flash games era where that was a huge thing.

though technically toribash next announced everything we had ever wanted at the point of time, but its release had been too long and the hype simply died out i guess

It all boils down to consolidation, people do not not e-lurk anymore, like they've used to. Instead they prefer to be spoon-fed information on a single website or application, and their smartphones.

I've discovered Toribash in the late 00's from the known game database MobyGames, all you needed to do is google search a few places. The video game concept made me instantly hooked. It was also welcome to see Toribash getting a steam integration, but as expected this was temporary spike in popularity. I don't know anything in the field of marketing but I can tell this game is not advertised at all, also the search engines behave today it's completely different than it was 15 years ago.

Seeing the good ol' Toribash game still active warms my 32 year old heart, most of the games I used to enjoy have been shut-down, including TERA, Blacklight: Retribution, S4 League, NFS:World and unfortunately a mountain of defunct games.
I too played back in 2006-2011. I randomly thought about Toribash a few months ago and was surprised to see that it was still going. I have said to myself many times now: Over the years searching for games and being involved in the gaming community for the last 10 years, I haven't seen a shred of evidence of this game. If Toribash was advertised daily I guarantee people would flood. Not sure that can even be handled at this point if it ever did happen. I really hope to see a turn around, I'm certainly talking about the game to others.