Toribash
Original Post
Linux version problem?
Lets se,, i've been playing tori for a few weeks, i run it in linux and here are my problems:

1, can't see head textures
2, can't connect to multiplayer some times because a fail in conection or fail in conection to lobby. (i do ping on servers, and i have response, so, it's not that server is down.). I've got modem conection, so i don't need to open ports, firewall is not activated, so that isn't the problem either.

żany sugestion?

PD: (IM NOT CHANGING TO WINDOWS!!!)
Change to Windows 3.11

Get the latest version of Toribash for Linux, what version do you currently have? I had the bug for a while when I was using it, but I upgraded... or did I? I can't seem to remember.

Maybe I did get Windows. heh.
by the way, game sould have a connection failure message if username or pass isn't well written, i'll report that soon.

I'm using lastest toribash linux version (i'll wach it again now)

any other sugg?

again... i won't change to win, dn't like it. TUX POWA!
The cure for the *nix texture issue can be found in the FAQ, I posted it a few months ago.

As for the connection problem, most people suffer a timeout on connecting, and it just says 'not connected'. Keep trying until you get in - but make sure your allowed in the server 1st.

<Erf> SkulFuk: gf just made a toilet sniffing joke at me
<Erf> i think
<Erf> i think i hate you
I can't find it on faqs, could u please link it?

This is great, i've been 4 one hour trying to connect, I had no chance
what's that all about being allowed?

I havnt got ping timeout, i just cant conect to any server.

It says: Failed to connect to lobby 66.230.225.250:22001 Operation now in progress.

Could someone tell me how to fix this? I REALLY wanna play...

thx!
Nothing, I tryed with diff. accounts, restarting pc, desconecting internet & plugin it again, but i can't connect my head hurts. what should I do? I dnt wanna live toribash... I'm tired of counter :P
Ah, the thread was deleted.

Originally Posted by skulfuk
(sorry for the bump)

I've just been asked to post this in here:

If your using the Linux deb repo version there's a high chance you'll not get any updates (textures etc) - it's a file permission issue. For whatever reason the version of toribash in the repo has a symlink for custom & data to a root controlled folder, so as a user you can't change or add files.

I ended up copying everything from the linked root directory into the hidden .toribash folder so I had user access.

Failing that you could always change your user so it's in the root group, but that's just asking for trouble.

(I'll also add that this isn't the case with the plain download version which updates fine)

Hope that helps.

<Erf> SkulFuk: gf just made a toilet sniffing joke at me
<Erf> i think
<Erf> i think i hate you
Ok, there is that way to change the head texture problem, little one, what about conection problem?, it'0s still too diff. for me to connect, I sometimes need 30 minutes to have a possitive response...