Toribash
Original Post
[MOVIE] Another Planet
--- DOWNLOAD LINK (high quality, recommended) ---

--- YOUTUBE LINK (extremely bad quality) ---

Since video editing is something i've been interested in for a long time, i've made different sorts of movies - Counter Strike fragmovies, Counter Strike tutorials, Runescape pk videos etc. But at one point i ran out of ideas. One day when i played Toribash, i thought, why not make a toribash video? I didn't have any good replays at that time though. Somewhere at the end of December 2008, i went to The Game subforum to take a look at my thread when i noticed the thread "looking for a partner" made by deagle1130. It was exactly what i needed! Someone to make a TB movie with. So we talked in AIM, discussed, made some replays and i started doing it. And on January 1st i finished it! If you wonder how we got the name "Another Planet", it's simply the name of the soundtrack i used. But kinda makes sense if you think about it.

So who is this video made by?

It's made by me (Magix) and Deagle1130. We both added replays, but the movie itself is recorded and edited by me. You can see me having the redish textures and deagle having the grey one, but that doesn't mean that the replays were made by the same people. I added our textures randomly. I think deagle has made a little more replays for the movie than me, which is perfectly normal because he is much higher belt than me.

Details

Video length: 5 minutes
Starring: Magix (2nd dan black belt)
-----------Deagle1130 (7th dan black belt)
Recording program used: Fraps (movie.lua didn't seem to work for me)
Editing program used: Sony Video Vegas 7.0
Soundtrack: Pendulum - Another Planet
Filesize: 137 mb
Dimensions: 720*480
Replays used: ~31 (including intro)

(Sorry for the bad quality on pictures, couldn't get them right ^^)
Last edited by Magix; Jan 3, 2009 at 04:21 PM.
Whoop Whoop
Look, I'm also a stupid bitch!<- Stonewall have write that in my thread even Mald.
Last edited by iNoTo; Jan 3, 2009 at 03:10 AM.
| GATA | Guild Wars 2 | Anime United |
I agree with mald

"Moderators doesn't suppose to edit someone message just to change it to diffrent stuff".

we're both just stupid bitches.<- Stonewall have write that in my thread even Mald.
Last edited by iNoTo; Jan 3, 2009 at 03:09 AM.
Originally Posted by Deathsoldi View Post
I agree with mald, we're both stupid bitches

Lol since all the previous posts got edited, i might aswell edit mine.
Last edited by Magix; Jan 3, 2009 at 01:17 AM.
Whoop Whoop
Why did u make a vid, then post it? For comments, probably.

I post it for criticism on the video. So far, none.

You just do not deserve them

I don't deserve them because i my video hasn't yet uploaded to youtube?

, since u haven't even understood the whole point of our criticism.

I'll try to make it as simple for me as possible.

Problem: You want to see this video, on youtube.

Solution: Wait. It WILL be on youtube.

Complaint: You don't like my attitude.

Answer: I don't like yours either.
Last edited by Magix; Jan 3, 2009 at 01:18 AM.
Whoop Whoop
Fuck you all. If you don't want to see it, don't bitch about it not being on youtube. If you want to see it, download.

OTHERWISE DON'T POST. ALL OF YOU THAT BITCHED ABOUT NO YOUTUBE VIDEO NEED TO GO KILL YOUR MOTHER FOR GIVING BIRTH TO YOU, AND THEN KILL YOURSELVES.
Stonewall,First off just because your a Mod that doesn't mean you go all with caps because it won't scare me.

Second,mald wasn't even biching that the video was on youtube.

Third,On the first page it say '{Youtube Not Recommended}' That's why they where asking why they schould download the hq,Since evreone post a youtube version and even a hq.

I don't dislike magix attitude but sometimes you have to speak the truth.

Don't get them wrong magix.

{ But this thread doesn't disurve to close } we all must work on our attitude sometimes.

"And editing someone thread just to say "We are both stupid biches" doesn't make any sense.
Your already breaking a rule right there, As a Moderator.
Doing that won't bring any solutions.

Guys don't start a arguement .

Thanks for reading.

Deathsoldi,
Last edited by iNoTo; Jan 3, 2009 at 01:40 AM.
Ok. You made us download a 137mb file. This is very large and took 6 minutes. The download speed maxed out at 500kb/s. Also you have used wmv as your file type. wmv is incompatible with a lot of machines and it does not provide especially good quality or compression. Try using DivX or H.264 next time. Another good idea is to use flash video. Flash video give you a small file with great quality. You need Adobe Flash to make it, but everyone can open a swf file.

I finally finished downloading it. First though: "OH GOD THE TEXT IS GONNA HIT ME" I lived, thankfully, but I could barely see the replays. The rest of the video has little to no syncing(I say little because I might have missed something). I like pendulum, but you put a very fast song over very slow replays. It is incredibly boring. Try using /opt hud 0 to get rid of the scored and the other text. Freecam would be a nice addition as well.
Final note: wtf sudden ending much?

Originally Posted by Deathsoldi View Post
Stonewall,First off just because your a Mod that doesn't mean you go all with caps because it won't scare me.

Second,mald wasn't even biching that the video was on youtube.

Third,On the first page it say '{Youtube Not Recommended}' That's why they where asking why they schould download the hq,Since evreone post a youtube version and even a hq.

He did not post a youtube version. I would have liked to see a youtube version also. It takes the long wait before the video away and makes it so everyone can see the video.

Originally Posted by deathsoldi
{ But this thread doesn't disurve to close } we all must work on our attitude sometimes.

"And editing someone thread just to say "We are both stupid biches" doesn't make any sense.
Your already breaking a rule right there, As a Moderator.
Doing that won't bring any solutions.

I agree here, Stonewall's moderating tactics do little to help. Its usually "RAWRAWR closed, motherfuckers" rather than giving a warning and helping the poster fix what they did wrong.
Last edited by War_Hero; Jan 3, 2009 at 02:47 AM.
i have a totally post modern tattoo of a scalene triangle.
<DeadorK> fair maiden
<DeadorK> if the cum is going to be in your mouth
<DeadorK> it shall be in mine as well
Nah, i didn't, you could just wait for it to upload on youtube =P
6 minutes isn't a very long time to download something. It's not like you have to sit and watch as the file downloads, you can do other things meanwhile.

I've been using .wmv all my moviemaking life, it's simple and theres a tutorial for it (even though i watched it on like.. 2006?).. Another reason why i wont bother learning new ways is because my computer really sucks - probably wont work with newer stuff. I'll try and find something about DivX or flash though, thanks.

Texts don't come out of monitors so you don't have to worry about that next time.

About the hud, yea, i didn't know you could disable it (or didn't think of it when i was recording) until i had most of the movie done.. And i didn't really want to make it all over again, so sorry about that, will do next time.

The main thing to focus on was the replays, not the editing.. I tried to make it so replays start on right moments etc, but that was it.

What's freecam? ^^
Whoop Whoop