Toribash
Original Post
[WIP&IMG] 3D Render of a Mazda MX5
im working on this car model, i only have the hood for now, but tell me what you think:

this thing took me 2 hours to make btw ._.
Last edited by Brain112; Jan 3, 2009 at 03:30 PM.
Well it looks awesome. Just give us more angles of the hood. Also it doesn't matter how long you make it, it matters how good it is. Your is awesome, but I'm not 3D animator/modeller to rate how good you are, but you have 9/10 from me. I wanna see the end of this model.
]
Originally Posted by Danvari View Post
Well it looks awesome. Just give us more angles of the hood. Also it doesn't matter how long you make it, it matters how good it is. Your is awesome, but I'm not 3D animator/modeller to rate how good you are, but you have 9/10 from me. I wanna see the end of this model.

thanks for the comment, as for the more angles, theres no much more to see of it just yet XD
its just a hood, thats all... for now anyways, i know im gonna finish the model, its just gonna take some time
Originally Posted by Brain112 View Post
thanks for the comment, as for the more angles, theres no much more to see of it just yet XD
its just a hood, thats all... for now anyways, i know im gonna finish the model, its just gonna take some time

Then make this look future-ish.
]
Originally Posted by Brain112 View Post
im not sure what you mean by that...

Well I mean that this car must be pimpin'. I mean it should look epic xD
]
I'm not much of a car enthusiast, or a modeler, however, it's great that you got it to even resemble a hood without the whole car being there, the hard part with modeling, is making people see what you see, but I think you did that very well.

9/10 from me.
Former Item Forger
Originally Posted by Stupinator View Post
I'm not much of a car enthusiast, or a modeler, however, it's great that you got it to even resemble a hood without the whole car being there, the hard part with modeling, is making people see what you see, but I think you did that very well.

9/10 from me.

*cough*
Originally Posted by Stupinator
Originally Posted by Brain112
so, i got cinema 4D a few days ago and i dont get shit yet, could explain or record how you make your swords so i know how to start with the modeling n stuff?

you do not want to start by making a sword :P

it's a lot more complicated then stuff you should be doing right now.

I'd recommend starting by getting used to the interface, or try messing with some emitters.

remember, google is your friend.

one week ago ^
I said sword, not hood of car.

completely different type of modeling in the two.

I use box modeling mixed with some spline modeling, I'm guessing you're modeling by setting points and making polygons, or manipulating a plane into the shape you want, correct?
Former Item Forger