Toribash
Original Post
Is toribash still being worked on?
Now, Toribash is a fairly complete game, I'd say, but the blog hasn't updated in months, which seems to indicate that maybe its developer has decided not to update it any more. Is this true - is 3.1 the final incarnation of Toribash?

Also - unrelated, but how do you make your toris look like those shiny sphere guys you see in some videos? I assume it's some mod or script, right?
Originally Posted by HalfThere View Post
Now, Toribash is a fairly complete game, I'd say, but the blog hasn't updated in months, which seems to indicate that maybe its developer has decided not to update it any more. Is this true - is 3.1 the final incarnation of Toribash?

Also - unrelated, but how do you make your toris look like those shiny sphere guys you see in some videos? I assume it's some mod or script, right?

what the fuck have you been doing the last couple of MONTHS?
toribash is at 3.6 atm...
the shiny stuff is either POVRay stuff or just shaders, shaders are an option and they only work if your computer can handle them
Originally Posted by Brain112 View Post
what the (bleep) have you been doing the last couple of MONTHS?
toribash is at 3.6 atm...
the shiny stuff is either POVRay stuff or just shaders, shaders are an option and they only work if your computer can handle them

Lol yeah 3.69 i think is the newest one.
Back from le-dead
To reiterate what's said above, yes, toribash is still under active development on a number of platforms. You can always find the latest stable version for your OS of choice at this link.

As for why the blog hasn't updated, when I asked hampa about it, he said that a wordpress update had somehow managed to lock everyone out of the blog, so he can't update it. It's nice to know that I'm not the only person that still checks it every now and then though :3
<+veb> dude___________________._____________________<hampa> the hosting center decided to raise the price
<+veb> I am to durnk to pu6t in the wriute commmand lol ___<hampa> and we only run irc on this machine which is a bit of a waste
<+veb> and u suxc u cant od it gfro me ______|______._____<Lapsus> How much power is behind the IRC server?
<+veb> ;oml?________________________________________<hampa> it is like delivering pizza using an airplane
Originally Posted by HalfThere View Post

If you mean shaders,then open TB go to setup,options,and turn shaders on,if you're planning on getting 3.69 (now that you know it exists) there should be a check-box for it.Happy bashing ^_^
Well, shaders aren't really shiny, if you mean like this:

then thats pov-ray

I got a good chuckle out of this though :D

[T]
#hi

Originally Posted by Lapsus View Post
To reiterate what's said above, yes, toribash is still under active development on a number of platforms. You can always find the latest stable version for your OS of choice at this link.

As for why the blog hasn't updated, when I asked hampa about it, he said that a wordpress update had somehow managed to lock everyone out of the blog, so he can't update it. It's nice to know that I'm not the only person that still checks it every now and then though :3

We have a blog?
Originally Posted by hidingwarior View Post
We have a blog?

Amazingly, yes.

It's rarely updated. <.<
Squad Squad Squad lead?
The standardization of Toribash Squad roles may have gone too far!