Toribash
Original Post
Multiple clients?
I can find nothing on whether or not using multiple clients is allowed. Toribash requires a LOT of waiting around to get a game (Design flaw AFAIC, should minimize downtime in a game...), running multiple clients help with that.

There is no technical limitations on running multiple clients, you can even log in with the same account several times, even in the same game room. But fighting yourself seems kind of like exploiting.

So, is it permitted to...

1. Fight yourself using multiple clients.
2. Reserve multiple spots on a single room with multiple clients.
3. Reserve spots in more than one battle room at once with multiple clients.
4. Do any of the above, but using different accounts.
you can do multiple clienting but not in same room..log on to 7 different rooms with same acc it is allowed..but do not fight urself..against rules..

coreect me if I'm wrong..I read it in some forum here itself
KONY 2012
This has been answered multiple times. In one of the recent Support threads, too.

Simply put, you can be in multiple different rooms at once with different clients, but not in the same room.

"i wish i could do that ken watanabe face where his eyes are really wide" -siku 2015
DONSELUKE, MASTER OF LAWSUIT
if you love america please sign this petition
B&B&B&
Shoulda done some searching first:
http://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=70073

Being in two different rooms at the same time is fine.
Being in the same room with more than one client is not.

This needs to be in a FAQ or something, since its seems to be FA'ed (Forgive me if ive missed it entirely).

And the final question, IE, can you fight yourself with more than one account?
Last edited by Saktoth; Jan 17, 2009 at 12:17 AM.
I guess thats gotta be really hard to enforce though?

Would probably be best to forbid joining one server with the same account (at least) twice, though im sure you know the technical limitations/requirements of such a change yourselves and presumably would have done it by now if it were easy....
That's what the Tori Agents are for. It's their job to catch people doing things like that.

<Erf> SkulFuk: gf just made a toilet sniffing joke at me
<Erf> i think
<Erf> i think i hate you
Originally Posted by Saktoth View Post
I can find nothing on whether or not using multiple clients is allowed. Toribash requires a LOT of waiting around to get a game (Design flaw AFAIC, should minimize downtime in a game...), running multiple clients help with that.

There is no technical limitations on running multiple clients, you can even log in with the same account several times, even in the same game room. But fighting yourself seems kind of like exploiting.

So, is it permitted to...

1. Fight yourself using multiple clients.
2. Reserve multiple spots on a single room with multiple clients.
3. Reserve spots in more than one battle room at once with multiple clients.
4. Do any of the above, but using different accounts.

Nope its not permitted, and if someone catches you multiclienting, youll prolly get to the blacklist or get banned.
Cheers!

Vox sucks
[10:14]<siku> magnificent sparkling vampire
[10:14]<siku> i love you edward

Official minibash tester. Please email [email protected] if you have found a bug!

Its not in the Terms of Service, its not in a sticky, its not in any of the FAQ's, its not in any announcements ingame or otherwise.

Even the best intentioned of players who wishes only to do the right thing cannot follow rules they are unaware of. I multi-client to play in more than one battle room (I saw other people doing it), and accidently joined the same semi-pro room twice rather than the two different ones. I ended up fighting myself and while i thought this was merely humourous, i was informed that it was not permitted. I closed one of my clients immediately when told this (No win was recorded). I wish only to obey the rules set down by the community/moderators/developers. If this is a bannable offense, it would be nice if players are made aware of it beforehand. I had no inkling it would be illegal, since i assume (as a game developer myself) that these sorts of things will be forbidden by server-side restrictions if the developers wish to forbid them.

I say this in the hope i shant be banned for this confession (again, no wins against myself were recorded) and merely in the interests of preventing future violations of this rule by those ignorant of it.
The game's rigged to not give QI or TC to people playing on the same IP address - so even me & the missus wouldn't get anything if we played against each other.

It was on the game's rules thread - but the thread was removed during the goons fiasco (it you weren't here back then you'll not know what I mean).

Basically you can play in different servers from the same computer but if you get caught in the same server you'll get busted for 'farming'

<Erf> SkulFuk: gf just made a toilet sniffing joke at me
<Erf> i think
<Erf> i think i hate you