Toribash
Original Post
Toribash mac powerpc crash on starting
when i start toribash (the newest version) it crash the error message is

dyld: ./Toribash.app/Contents/MacOS/tb_osx Undefined symbols:
./Toribash.app/Contents/MacOS/tb_osx undefined reference to _glAttachShader expected to be defined in OpenGL
./Toribash.app/Contents/MacOS/tb_osx undefined reference to _glBindFramebufferEXT expected to be defined in OpenGL
./Toribash.app/Contents/MacOS/tb_osx undefined reference to _glBindRenderbufferEXT expected to be defined in OpenGL
./Toribash.app/Contents/MacOS/tb_osx undefined reference to _glCompileShader expected to be defined in OpenGL
./Toribash.app/Contents/MacOS/tb_osx undefined reference to _glCreateProgram expected to be defined in OpenGL
./Toribash.app/Contents/MacOS/tb_osx undefined reference to _glCreateShader expected to be defined in OpenGL
./Toribash.app/Contents/MacOS/tb_osx undefined reference to _glEnableVertexAttribArray expected to be defined in OpenGL
./Toribash.app/Contents/MacOS/tb_osx undefined reference to _glFramebufferRenderbufferEXT expected to be defined in OpenGL
./Toribash.app/Contents/M
ok this is where i come in. (i only have macs)
what powerPC is it? G3, G4, G5?
powerpcs cant support shaders.
thats all i can imagine.
try also downloading 3.66 for old macs (powerPC)
i have a g4 and when i try to open toribash, thats with the 3.66 version for old macs (power pc).I already played toribash with my mac but i think the toribash version was oldest
Originally Posted by qq5ben View Post
powerpcs cant support shaders.
thats all i can imagine.

Some PPC macs can support shaders - but only the Power Macs with an AGP slot, and that's dependant on the graphics card fitted.

From the looks of the error you're lacking a compatible OGL driver, which is a bit of a kick in the teeth as your pretty much stuck with whatever Apple provides.

<Erf> SkulFuk: gf just made a toilet sniffing joke at me
<Erf> i think
<Erf> i think i hate you
Originally Posted by moma136 View Post
i have a g4 and when i try to open toribash, thats with the 3.66 version for old macs (power pc).I already played toribash with my mac but i think the toribash version was oldest

ya i was right, G4 is WAY to old for shaders, even if you have a top of the line graphic card, i dont think it will work

Originally Posted by skulfuk View Post
Some PPC macs can support shaders - but only the Power Macs with an AGP slot, and that's dependant on the graphics card fitted.

thats true, but only iMac's have AGP slot. but the iMac's manufacturer now have intel core 2 duo and better graphics card.
now basically the only macs that CAN support shaders are 07 and higher.

like the mac pro with its two 3.2GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon, 32GB SDRAM and NVIDIA Quadro FX 5600 <--- best graphic card in the world
Go here:

http://www.toribash.com/downloads.php

And make sure you're using the correct version for your Mac.

<Erf> SkulFuk: gf just made a toilet sniffing joke at me
<Erf> i think
<Erf> i think i hate you