Toribash
Original Post
Convering TGA Files?
Okay so usually when I sell a head texture to someone I give it to them in GIF format and send them to http://toribash.reversers.org/image2tga/ to make it into TGA. However now the site says:

Unfortunately, this web page has been closed down. The Toribash head submitter now supports many different file formats, and that has made this service redundant.

So does the head submitter support gifs now? Cause I have a lot of angry people who can't get it to convert to TGA, =(
(Hive people only, haha!)
^ i know ^

i am angry the TGA converter is closed, because you could easily transfer a .jpg into a .tga, load it in some custom folder, type /lp 0 whatever and see the textures.

that was brilliant for previewing them
hm guess i will hve to use avwaves texture previewer
My deviantART
so wut?
Or you could just open them in Photoshop/GIMP/whatever other program, and then save them as TGA.
If you're making textures, chances are you're using a program that supports TGA images.

Also:
Originally Posted by LadyDEATH View Post
So does the head submitter support gifs now? Cause I have a lot of angry people who can't get it to convert to TGA, =(

Who saves images as gifs these days? They're horribly compressed. Use PNG or something similar.

And don't tell me they're trying to convert the spinning preview animation...
"Call yourself alive? I promise you you'll be deafened by dust falling on the furniture,
you'll feel your eyebrows turning to two gashes, and your shoulder blades will ache for want of wings."
Slain took it down a couple of days ago because it's not needed anymore.

Making usable .TGA files is easy anyway.
  • Don't use RLE.
  • Keep the origin at the bottom left.
  • Make sure it's in RGB colour.
  • Make sure there's an alpha channel.
If you've made the file correctly it'll be 65k

As for the official uploader, Hampa changed it a few weeks ago so it now accepts virtually every picture format, although I'd still avoid using RLE on .TGA files.

<Erf> SkulFuk: gf just made a toilet sniffing joke at me
<Erf> i think
<Erf> i think i hate you
Blah sorry didn't see the replies.

Okay so if I make a full texture set how can I preview it in game? I have a file called "custom" that I load but can I put gif files in thre too now?
Last edited by LadyDEATH; Jan 28, 2009 at 08:56 PM.
Originally Posted by LadyDEATH View Post
And what exactly is that? Do I send them there?

If you're referring to the texture uploader - it's what you use to upload your textures. ;)

<Erf> SkulFuk: gf just made a toilet sniffing joke at me
<Erf> i think
<Erf> i think i hate you
Okay so when i wanna preview a set i am making I can just put he gif files themselves in the custom folder? Or do I still need gif?
No, you need TGA files to preview if you can't upload the textures to the database.
"Call yourself alive? I promise you you'll be deafened by dust falling on the furniture,
you'll feel your eyebrows turning to two gashes, and your shoulder blades will ache for want of wings."
You can't convert to TGA anymore, so wtf do I do? I can't upload textures yet cause I don't have 25$ to fork out to be able to use all textures. (Much less the 100k tc to do the same)

(does photoshop save as TGA?)
Last edited by LadyDEATH; Jan 28, 2009 at 09:22 PM.