Toribash
Original Post
Toribash blue screen's Vista.
I'm afraid to keep trying to get it working on this computer, but i'll post my problems nonetheless in case I missed something. I found two somewhat similar threads, but none were of any use.

To start off, I'm running the following:
Windows: Vista Home Premium 32-bit
Processor: AMD Athlon 64 3200+ (2.21 ghz)
Video card: Radeon x850

I initially downloaded the demo, and running the game made it pop up in windowed mode. There was an animation that looked like two stick figures with a circle in the middle, except it was pure black, and in a VERY blocky, low resolution. I could get to the next screen, but couldn't tell what was going on.

I redownloaded the game, and reinstalled it. The animation at the beginning showed up and flickered between color and black and white, and when the animation ended, my computer froze. A lot of the posts in this forum mention drivers, so I went and downloaded the latest ones for my video card. Now, regardless of if I do a full uninstall/reinstall, double clicking the shortcut instantly restarts my computer, and the last time I tried it, Windows gave me the Blue Screen of Death right before restarting.

For the record, there's nothing wrong with my computer that I know of. I run games fine all day long, and that's the first time i've ever seen a Vista blue screen. I have never in my life witnessed such a computer-breaking bug in a game before, and i've played a fair share of downloaded games along with bought ones.
Re: Toribash blue screen's Vista.
We're sorry you have Vista, because its relatively new, and there are many bugs with the OS itself. As this game is made with, as far as I can tell, a dev team of 5, its not gonna be perfect and bug free.

Now, Vista isn't 100% supported by Toribash yet, as its a new OS (NEVER use new OS's, wait at least a year before getting a new one installed). But even so, we've never heard of such a problem as this occuring before.

For this, I assume its imply OS setup, and suggest you create a partition on your hard drive for an alternative OS, since Vista's not actually that good. But there'll be far better, far easier solutions, I'd gather.
Q = QUAKER OATS
Three rules of Q - 1. Qegola and Quarantine both start with Q. 2. There is no U in Qegola. 3. Qegola is you new god.

So a man walks into a bar with a monkey. I forgot the rest of the joke but your mom is a whore.
Please make SURE that you have UP TO DATE graphics DRIVERS that ARE for YOUR card.

Otherwise, check your stderr.txt file in Toribash dir.

Please.
don't unban, he has hard coded userid bypasses everywhere.
I'm running vista and toribash works perfect, except for a little lag in full screen. Sorry about your troubles
The only problem with vista, that isn't actually even Vista related, is hardware companie's slowness to create drivers for it.

Toribash works perfectly fine with my Vista, however, with certain unmentioned games it took a few days to get a patch for my soundcard drivers for them to work perfectly.
What what? In the butt.
We haven't tested the game on the mentioned operating system, but from the replies above I see that
players did manage to get it to run properly.

If after installing the latest vista drivers for your graphic card and sound card the game still doesn't work,
Please post here / PM the 'stderr.txt file in your game folder.
If you manage to run the game again, please send screen shot(s)
(Screen shots are saved in your game folder, press F8 while the game is running to take shots)

Thanks.
I tried it again, but a few notes first, so this thread doesn't get out of hand. How should I say it... Qeg's post felt like he was belittling me.

- Foxie hit the nail on the head. Vista is a great OS which i've had no major problems with, however a lot of people experience driver problems, which isn't Vista's fault. Toribash is the only thing that has ever, EVER blue screened me, so right now I have the impression that Toribash is a 'bad driver' for a good OS. No offense meant, as you'll see in my next point:

- I'm posting only to help out and possibly get the bug resolved. I have a computer with Windows XP next to me that I can play it on, so this isn't a problem for me. I only posted after searching around and finding out that many people already run it on Vista. Hopefully something I post will help you guys out in the future. I'm not hounding you to fix it.

Anyways, back to the subject. My video card drivers are definately the correct ones, and I tried installing them twice already. My assumption at this point is that it's an ATI driver conflict.

I reinstalled Toribash again and started it up. The game actually loaded, although everything was still shaded black. I took a screenshot and went to go paste it someone when .. it blue screened! My computer restarted and I opened up the stderr file, and it was completely empty. So, I don't really have anything further to offer you guys if you wish to resolve this. I'm also not going to reinstall it again on this computer, so good luck if you ever try to resolve this again in the future.
Sorry if I seemed condescending. Its just its not a good idea normally to go with new OSs (Foxie's explained why).

And, what you did was a good idea - I'm glad you can actually play the game ^^
Anyways, what you've told us should be enough to diagnose a similar problem in the future, so its a big help either way.

Once again, sorry for seeming big-headed.
Q = QUAKER OATS
Three rules of Q - 1. Qegola and Quarantine both start with Q. 2. There is no U in Qegola. 3. Qegola is you new god.

So a man walks into a bar with a monkey. I forgot the rest of the joke but your mom is a whore.
Sadiki, thank you for your post.
I think it's great that you shared with us the problem in Vista.
If no one will try Toribash on the relatively less common machines / OSs,
how can we know of the bugs we're expected in the future ? ;)

You could've took a screen-shot using F8.
It saves it in the game folder, without you needing to paste the screen-shot.
What windows did with Vista-

Basically they made it so that it wouldn't work with many things for XP/2000, etc (Not much backwards compatability). They want you to buy new stuff. Not just for buying new stuff itself, but the new stuff is made so that people can't just go in a copy it. They're serious about securing their stuff now.