Endurance Onslaught 6.0
Original Post
[Render] Fire & Ice
Experimented a bit with Materials, HDRI maps and Volumetric effects.
Result:
Artist: Nightmare | Previous Owners: --- | Resolution: 512 | Modifications: On Request, No fee if simple

overpriced
not cool... try better

Infracted: Useless post, constructive criticism. ~Blam
Last edited by Blam; Feb 2, 2009 at 06:08 PM.
woah trippy!

its a bit too stylized tho.
When I see you, my heart goes DOKI⑨DOKI
Fish: "Gorman has been chosen for admin. After a lengthy discussion we've all decided that Gorman is the best choice for the next admin."
Originally Posted by FoodEater View Post
Well, the ice looks the wrong color, but the fire is great. Where does volumetrics come in?

Yeh the ice did turn out to "soft" and with the background the colour is a bit messed up.
The volumetric ligt: Look at the halo arround the fireball.
The fireball got a transparency layer and a volumetric light in the inside, so that the firecracks are glowing more realistic.
I wanted to try if I can get good results with volumetric light passing through transparencys or if it even works, well it did work better than expected :P
Last edited by Nightmare; Jan 31, 2009 at 07:31 PM.
Artist: Nightmare | Previous Owners: --- | Resolution: 512 | Modifications: On Request, No fee if simple

overpriced
as has been stated, not your best work.

I really don't know what to say, I have no idea how you made it, when I first looked at it though I was like "why the hell is nightmare filter-spamming in photoshop?!?"

sorry :P

still looks ok though.
Former Item Forger
Unlike everyone else here, i reckon the ice looks pro. The fire is pretty cool, but the ice is the best. Reminds me of final fantasy style ice. Good job.