Toribash
Original Post
Shader Problem (I'm not an idiot)
Hi there.
Ever since first downloading the game I have had some fairly minor problems with shaders. They do work, but the two major things that I have problems with are these:

1. Fluid Blood.

The fluid blood setting, when turned on, does make the blood 3D, but it never sticks to the floor. This is annoying. The attached screenshot shows what this looks like. It just won't stick!

2. Background Glitches

Here is a screenshot of what my background looks like with shaders enabled. While this is not always the case (it usually isn't this severe, and usually just by resetting the shaders a few times the background looks normal), it is still annoying.

How can these problems be solved? I have tried downloading the game again, and I had the same problem with older versions. Help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
As Fyerrblad said , update your Graphics card , it cant handle the shaders and fluid blood now.
Download new drivers from your card's company site.
RelaxAll was life. Feels bad to be an oldie.
Not sure if you want all of it, because there is certainly more, but here's what's listed under system information.
------------------
System Information
------------------
Time of this report: 3/2/2009, 13:21:47
Machine name: CHRISCAPPELL-PC
Operating System: Windows Vista™ Home Basic (6.0, Build 6000) (6000.vista_gdr.080917-1612)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: Dell Inc.
System Model: Vostro 1000
BIOS: BIOS Version 2.5.2
Processor: AMD Turion(tm) 64 X2 Mobile Technology TL-60 (2 CPUs), ~2.0GHz
Memory: 1918MB RAM
Page File: 1474MB used, 2597MB available
Windows Dir: CWindows
DirectX Version: DirectX 10
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
DxDiag Version: 6.00.6000.16386 32bit Unicode

------------
DxDiag Notes
------------
Display Tab 1: No problems found.
Sound Tab 1: No problems found.
Sound Tab 2: No problems found.
Input Tab: No problems found.
Nice & easy to find that one - it's got an ATI Xpress 1150

Since it's a laptop ATI it means you're stuck with the drivers the manufacturer makes - and Dell only have 1 which you'll be using.

So, direct your attention to this thread, goto the ATI tool & follow the instructions:

http://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=58424

<Erf> SkulFuk: gf just made a toilet sniffing joke at me
<Erf> i think
<Erf> i think i hate you
Thanks, I'll try it.

EDIT: Worked PERFECTLY. I cannot tell you how greatful I am, guys. Everything works now, cel shaders, fluid blood, and no more of that background glitch. It even runs at a higher fps now, thanks!

Last edited by SporeCc; Mar 2, 2009 at 10:09 PM.