Toribash
Original Post
[FLASH] Charged particles
Charged particles

This was coded with lots of arrays and classes. The particles are emitted from your mouse (like drawing) and they are positively charged. So the + signs repel and the – signs attract. The mouse itself repels when it is not drawing particles. I might add some updates to this later.

If you just hold the mouse down in a fixed spot, you can see the path visualized by a stream of particles. The moment you let go, they burst from your mouse.

Preview:

To view, visit this link:

http://shnitzelkiller.deviantart.com...cles-117543484

Flash player is great, so if you want no lag, just download it. (attached).

EDIT: Fixed a bug where it would lag after a while even if the particles died (arrays still grew and took up cpu).

Or have this alternate trail-leaving version:

NEW!

in this version, the lag bug is fixed completely and the attractors / repellers move.

Attached Files
ParticleAttractors.swf.zip (2.8 KB, 14 views)
Last edited by FoodEater; Apr 11, 2009 at 02:47 AM.
would be cooler if mouse didnt repel, and the particles had a longer lifetime :P

Its cool to make little paterns and stuff, but as soon as you un-click they all go to shit
When I see you, my heart goes DOKI⑨DOKI
Fish: "Gorman has been chosen for admin. After a lengthy discussion we've all decided that Gorman is the best choice for the next admin."
Latest version is awesome!

Ok, here is another idea, how about making a single particle, that has a trail that fades out, and having the mouse attracts strongly.
Then make it so the charges move around, and so they are invisible, so the particle just floats around randomly, but will chase your mouse!
When I see you, my heart goes DOKI⑨DOKI
Fish: "Gorman has been chosen for admin. After a lengthy discussion we've all decided that Gorman is the best choice for the next admin."
Say, that is a great idea I'm still debugging it... until I am sure there are no more lag bugs, keep waiting. I will try your idea for now.

Edit: After much hair loss, I am quite certain I have fixed the lag bug for good. now I'll try moving those attractors, which should be quite easy. In fact, I think I might be able to make the attractors attract each other... but then you'd just end up with a cluster of chaos.

Edit edit: Yep, they can move. So how do you want them to move? Brownian motion, or just random starting velocity and bouncing off walls? Or user control?

Edit edit edit: Here it is.

Attached Files
ParticleAttractors.swf.zip (3.0 KB, 14 views)
Last edited by FoodEater; Apr 11, 2009 at 02:47 AM.
This would make a really cool screensaver if you can get it to automatically generate particles at different points to bounce around

Totally awesome still though. favorited on deviantart.
5:13 PM - vasp: everybody's nuts is so good
[00:18:38] <&vespesi3n> you should see when i swallow
[21:49:37] <&vespesi3n> >my mouth when
[21:49:43] <&vespesi3n> >my tastebuds when