Toribash
Original Post
[SET]Bushi
My first set 4 toribash.
Made with GIMP in a few days, made all by myself without using someone else work or images from web (except footing), drawn with beizer curves and mouse.
Resolution 1024x1024.
screens in the attachment.
Hope you liked it.
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=SLKEKCD2
wow, cool! awesome set. most of all i liked fists =) but how did u textured FORCES?

если с английским у меня глухо, извините...
Last edited by Stazis; May 20, 2009 at 07:21 PM. Reason: бля
U mena s angliyskim ne lu4she
If by forces you meant joints I used head template available on forum and mine own a simple square as a different layer applied simultaneously with head texture half transparent to make it easier understand how it works.
first thing and good idea would be apply plain head template as a texture on joint and see how it lay on it, then you my do an another texture frame or something and make it 50% transparent and apply both on joint so you will see how its applied.
also note that joint texture is twisted so making texture you have to take it under consideration.
If you precise what part of my set you interested most i could do a short tutorial showing how i done that.
Head and joints use same template (Rounded) Also Fists, chest, breast, stomach and hand are using same template(4 big Rectangle and 2 small squares) if i am not in mistake just in case of hand right and left hand texture its being reversed in few points but you can make one texture and then just reverse finger an the rest in 2 steps because its not reversed in same way. hard to explain have to dl english language for gimp (to watch how different option are called in english i have in polish now) and make an another tutorial probably if there is not made any yet.
Last edited by Bushi84; May 20, 2009 at 07:51 PM.
Ugh.
Megaupload...
Stupid waiting times. Will update post with feedback.

EDIT: Hmmm, nice quality
I'd like to see it without cel shading, as it sort of changes the look of textures. Still, it's very nicely done, not too much details on one texture, but still enough to make it look proffesional. The head sort of doesn't fit though, imo that is, if you were to make it less cartoony it'd probably fit a lot better.

All in all this is quite a nice set, too bad you won't be able to upload it in 1024 x 1024. Same goes for the joint textures.
8/10
Last edited by Mapleleaf; May 20, 2009 at 07:53 PM.

with cell shading and without it.
Posted below thx to MITSU.
IMO a little bit better since without cellshading its more clear and details are more noticeable since cellshading by applying black borders on everything just make it look a little to dark and makes fat black borders around it .
Last edited by Bushi84; May 21, 2009 at 08:13 AM. Reason: Added pics instead of Zip archive
Since I am new to game I have only 1330 tc at this moment and the moment i started to make set i have something about 500 tc.
So I didn't even aim at online playing since i don't have enough money so the set was made with Joints and 1024 resolution to look good in custom folder rather than MP. So yes only you can see the joints since you cant buy joint textures 4 online playing yet.
About head I am quite new to skining so when I started to make set i wanted to do something easy as ninja whole in black and head in black mask or something....But I was carried away
And ended up with stone cold things on leg and something similar on arm
Those things suppose to prevent your legs and arms b4 bending the way human limbs just don't bend without interfering with punch and kicks didn't notice any improvement in game, they getting ripped with easy
Anyway probably I will add white short hair to head or if this will not make it look any better will draw completely new head.

Edit: added pics few post above as asked to make thing easier to watch without downloading archive.
Last edited by Bushi84; May 21, 2009 at 09:04 AM.