Endurance Onslaught 6.0
Original Post
In depth look at - Judo
Since this board is to be more than replay spam, lets all look in depth at some game modes. I'll begin with the basic and 'bread and butter" mode of toribash, Judo. Judo has been around for quite a while as a toribash mode. Its popularity never seems to wane, mostly due to it being a simple to pick up mode with a quick and satisfying payoff. This makes it a quick mode to gain both QI and TC's. Simple judo, however is not your only option, as two different fracture variations also exist.

Judo, or more accurately JudoDM is by far the most popular variation of judo. With it's low dismember threshold, long turnframes and close engagedistance, its a popular mode for newbies and veterns alike. It has plenty of "go" with quick rounds. It also has lots of "show" with limbs flying frequently and decaps occurring at a rapid pace. Its mostly an opener based mode, however, a skilled judo-ist can save even the most dire of situations with a cool head and intelligent play.

Two variations of Judo fracture are also common; Judo Fracture, and League Judo Fracture. Both fracture judo modes are, in my opinion, vastly superior to regular DM judo. Its more of a lengthy struggle mode, and more in line with the fighting art of its namesake.

Standard Judo Fracture is essentially the same as DM judo, but with the dismember threshold changed to a fracture threshold. As I stated above, the mode is more struggle, and less smash and crash. Often the ability to manipulate your opponents and your own balance and center of gravity are key. Also, focused use of damage and fracture are also critical. Being able to manipulate a broken body is imperative to staying alive. I'm a bit biased, as judo fracture is by far my favorite mode.

League Judo Fracture is a very special variation of judo fracture. It was the first mode to feature variable turnframes, and was the competative mode of the first clan league. Unlike regular judo fracture, it has different dismember and fracture thresholds. Getting a dismember in LJF is uncommon, but does occur sometimes. The variable turnframes leads to some interesting situations. The first turnframes are low, then it doubles until you reach 160. This cuts down on opener based wins, and forces a fight to stay balanced toward the end. Its a well balanced and amazingly fun mode.

I'm sure others would have some interesting things to add to this discussion. Perhaps some comparison of openers or judo methodologies? Feel free to add some comments, corrections or whatnot.

"Splint Chesthair" - Is my real name.
This is actually quite interesting, I never usually play Judo but this is a very good guide
[19:39] <Birdflu> I'm just sad that I can't give myself one
[19:39] <Birdflu> I'd have a great time
Not really a guide, but meant to be more as a jumping off point for intelligent discussion about the ins and outs of judo.

Anybody have anything they would like to add?
"Splint Chesthair" - Is my real name.