Toribash
Original Post
Terragen art
Ok, i was unable to find a Terragen thread, so forgive me if there was one...
Terragen is a landscape creator, i prefer version 1 over version 2 technology preview, v1 is less advanced, and im more used to it.
I worked for a few hours on this one.

Note, high resolution, link only. http://fc01.deviantart.com/fs18/f/20...Patternous.png

Here i was practicing in making low fog.

The stair effect was an accident, but it looks nice.

A typical beach.

Visit my Deviantart site for more.
www.patternous.deviantart.com
Terragen @ www.planetside.co.uk/terragen
Hi!
Terragen? BAH! I was using this 5 years ago when I was but... 13...

Well, enough of that. I gotta admit, the fod effect's pretty cool, and I haven't made a beach that good in.... QUITE a while (did you use a plugin for the fog? And you should find the 'surf' plugin, quite excellent).

I'm right now trying to get to grips with Terragen 2. Which is, at the very least, slightly more difficult, but I'd go as far as to say the two are completely different to handle.
Q = QUAKER OATS
Three rules of Q - 1. Qegola and Quarantine both start with Q. 2. There is no U in Qegola. 3. Qegola is you new god.

So a man walks into a bar with a monkey. I forgot the rest of the joke but your mom is a whore.
You change the texture in Landscape - Surface map, then mark the one that's already there, and press "Add Child", then double-click on the new one that jsut popped up named "[New Surface]" and start change the options.

The fog was made using the Atmosphere settings, no plugins were used in any of the renders i've shown you.

*Is thinking of making a Toribash BG with terragen*
Hi!
Decided to try out Terragen after my exile from it long ago... Still rendering the image now. Shouldn't take longer than 5 minutes, its a fairly simple one...

EDIT: There, uploaded. However, I screwed up quite a bit. Oh well, I'm outta practise, so meh.

Last edited by Qegola; Jun 23, 2007 at 08:46 PM.
Q = QUAKER OATS
Three rules of Q - 1. Qegola and Quarantine both start with Q. 2. There is no U in Qegola. 3. Qegola is you new god.

So a man walks into a bar with a monkey. I forgot the rest of the joke but your mom is a whore.
How did you make such awesome grass effects?
Did you use children?
i have a totally post modern tattoo of a scalene triangle.
<DeadorK> fair maiden
<DeadorK> if the cum is going to be in your mouth
<DeadorK> it shall be in mine as well
I have made a few of these- only one was done in the past few days (guess which )
I havent found out how to make fog using the atmospheric settings yet, but now that I know it's possible, I'm probably gonna go for an all-nighter to find out .
By the way, a good plug-in for Terragen is Water-works, I use this to make the surf (make it exceptionally easy to do this)

By the way, before you admin's kill me for uploading so much crap on to your servers, you can blame Qegola- He convinced me to do this. Oh, and one of my pictures is missing.
Attached Images
first try with surf.JPG (59.2 KB, 18 views)
sunrise.JPG (68.2 KB, 20 views)
sunset.JPG (86.3 KB, 15 views)
sunshine lake.JPG (85.5 KB, 19 views)